What's new

UK Competance of EU Statements

AnnaLaw

Postman
I have just found this and time is short.
As stakeholders we can make a statement of competance on the EI Tobacco Contril Directive.

It hopes to reduce smoking by 2% and ban vaping. Already 6% of smokers in the UK at least have switched to vaping and are likely to return to moking if they can't get usuable eliquid.

The evidence I think os on whether the EU is competant to decide UK policy, but the closing date is the 28th.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/health/2012/11/eu-balance-competence-review/

Is this game over or we still got time,I don't understand :(

No it's not over. The link gives an opportunity to give your own statement to the DoH.
The EU 'public hearing' was a farce that seemed scripted in advance, but Marin Calagan at least has a written question.

There was only one non-ANTZ or Pharma 'expert' or 'stakeholder, a rep for the tobacco industry who was vilified and made fun of, particularly by Linda Macavern and he said there was more at stake than cigarettes, he mentioned ecigs.
The rest of the 'experts showed their ignorance. I didn't knnow that 2 mg of eliquid in 0.5 ml was equivalent to smoking, but a cigarette is smoked in 5 minutes, I couldn't vape half a ml on that time.
The percentage reduction in smoking they aim for is less than has already happened with vaping!

"the Department plans to use section 22 to exempt FOI requests around evidence received."

Sounds about right... deny public access to evidence and then any evidence that might throw a spanner in the works of the 'done deal' can be safely ignored and discarded. Corrupt feckers.

Stock up, vape on and screw em. If they force you to become a criminal to vape then become a criminal.

"the Department plans to use section 22 to exempt FOI requests around evidence received."

Sounds about right... deny public access to evidence and then any evidence that might throw a spanner in the works of the 'done deal' can be safely ignored and discarded. Corrupt feckers.

Stock up, vape on and screw em. If they force you to become a criminal to vape then become a criminal.

That could be looked on in two ways.

There is no attept to hide the lack of evidence and the extent that fixed ideas dictate poloicy, as shown at yesterday's EU farce where the only non-ANTZ to speak was publicly ridiculed by Linda Macavern and co.
Anybody, especially somebody who works in the Tobacco Control or Pharma areas, who dared to suggest that there are ways that stop smoking that are relatively safe but weren't invented by BP, could be destrying their careers because they give evidence that isn't PC.

So this could be a protection to people who dare say that the EU lacks competance. After all, there is zero transparency right now and governments and EU are expert at stopping people getting their hands on anything that is a bad basis for policy.

Proof of EU lack of competance regarding vaping (could pick a lot more things and any government). The EU TPD is supposed to stop 1.2 million throughout Europe smoking. Vaping has already done that for around 7 million.
Another example, nic content is based on nic content absorbed from one cigarette. Just because they call it an 'electronic cigarette' doesn't mean it's the same as a real one and 2 ml of nic is polished off in 5 minutes!

So we do need to send ir evidence to the DoH, and the closing date for the consultation is in 2 days!

I can appreciate your points Anna but I'm of the opinion that this is already a done deal... the pharma corps want medically licensed devices and restrictions on 'free' vaping so that they can produce cheap lookalikeys and flog em for an inflated price. I don't think any amount of evidence will change this... they won't allow anything to stand in the way of their profits if they can help it. They don't give a monkey's about restricted nic, in fact, the more restricted the better for them probably (less nic means less production cost and more profit). The fact that low nic might not be effective won't bother them either... they don't care that 'traditional' NRT isn't effective so I can't see em caring about the effectiveness of medically licensed devices.

Given that I think the process and most of the key participants are corrupt, I can't see any point in providing evidence.

That said, I'm a very bitter and cynical old cow and it would be nice if they did listen.

Back
Top Bottom