What's new

Ultrasonic cleaners.

Any recommendations on a specific product?

Cheers :)

Cheap cleaners ocassionally appear in Lidl for around £20, although not a true ultra sonic cleaner, they look very similar to the one in the OP's post and with Lidl's usual 3 year warranty on such appliances they're good value.

True ultra sonic cleaners operate on a much higher frequency (lots and lots more vibrations/second) and cost considerably more...none-the-less, I use one of the pseudo "ultra sonic" cleaners and achieve good results. Worth buying for sure :)

Any recommendations on a specific product?

Cheers :)

Pretty much all the eBay/Amazon 20-25 quid jobs are all the same Keith, in fact, the Coilmaster ultrasonic, is exactly the same type as mine, they didn't even bother having it done in their usual red/black colour combo. :D

Thanks for the comments. :) @junglist thanks for tidying things up. :D

@scrumpox has covered things to watch for nicely.
They work by creating cavitation, (tiny tiny bubbles) and it gets everywhere. Have a look at the propeller on a boat/jet ski that's had the wrong pitched prop for the engine and you'll see what cavitation is capable of.
Like this.

image.jpeg

I was going to do the tinfoil test, but I'd no tinfoil. lol.
@moley close, twatcat hair. :D

Thanks for the comments. :) @junglist thanks for tidying things up. :D

@scrumpox has covered things to watch for nicely.
They work by creating cavitation, (tiny tiny bubbles) and it gets everywhere. Have a look at the propeller on a boat/jet ski that's had the wrong pitched prop for the engine and you'll see what cavitation is capable of.
Like this.

View attachment 103663

I was going to do the tinfoil test, but I'd no tinfoil. lol.
@moley close, twatcat hair. :D
Tinfoil test? Dare I ask....

Cheap cleaners ocassionally appear in Lidl for around £20, although not a true ultra sonic cleaner, they look very similar to the one in the OP's post and with Lidl's usual 3 year warranty on such appliances they're good value.

True ultra sonic cleaners operate on a much higher frequency (lots and lots more vibrations/second) and cost considerably more...none-the-less, I use one of the pseudo "ultra sonic" cleaners and achieve good results. Worth buying for sure :)

We used 5-600 quid a pop ultrasonics in dental labs. Those buggers will strip 2-3mm thick casting stone off hot cast chrome cobalt ! :D
12 hours in hydrocloric acid, and half an hour in the ultrasonic will clean most things off dentures. lol

Back
Top Bottom