What's new

Ultrasonic cleaners.

Has anyone put sub-ohm tank type pre-made coils through the ultrasound? Just wondering if they could be rejuvenated by this means, or would it just destroy the cotton?

I've been doing exactly that for nearly twelve months. It works fine.

Interesting. Which coils have you done this with and how long do you give them, if I may ask. How many times can you put each coil through this process? Before and after pics would be great, if possible.

I'd probably never recycle a coil like an SSOCC. Once they've served for 2 or 3 weeks, they've done their bit. BUT, am interested if the ultrasonics would clean them up, as sometimes a mate of mine reuses coil heads I've discarded.

Does it actually work on coils still wrapped in cotton and without breaking the cotton down? Does crap dislodged from the coil not end up being directly reabsorbed by the cotton and mingled in further anyway? Just wondering how effective it would be for vertical coils still wrapped in cotton? Is it more effective with premade horizontal coils?

Interesting. Which coils have you done this with and how long do you give them, if I may ask. How many times can you put each coil through this process? Before and after pics would be great, if possible.

As you said, I'd expect an ultrasonic thats working as it should, would open a wick up like a tea bag. :)

I tried it once with subtank and melo coils and although the coils worked , it just didn't taste right so I didn't bother again

that is very interesting - I got a US cleaner for my jewellery and hubby pinched it to clean up bits of cogs and stuff for his model engineering. I'll have to rescue it from his shed

Although it should be obvious but it's worth pointing out that the ultrasonic cleaner can be used for a lot of other items around the house.
I already had one before I started vaping for recycling and reloading brass ammo cases and regularly used it for cleaning jewellery as well as rimless specs.

Back
Top Bottom