What's new

Ultrasonic cleaners.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/jpl-ultra...un?cmpid=ppc&gclid=CIzvnZCshc8CFdQy0wod9fsLUw

This is exactly the same as the one I use , except I got mine from aldi for twenty quid
I bought that one off Amazon last week for about £29. Mid way through its very first 3 minute cycle, it broke down. Just my bad luck, I'm sure. I know of another ape who has one and is very happy with it, but I decided to not get it replaced and went with this one instead. So far so great, it does a fabulous job, but I won't fully recommend it until it has lasted a few months at least.

I
I bought that one off Amazon last week for about £29. Mid way through its very first 3 minute cycle, it broke down. Just my bad luck, I'm sure. I know of another ape who has one and is very happy with it, but I decided to not get it replaced and went with this one instead. So far so great, it does a fabulous job, but I won't fully recommend it until it has lasted a few months at least.
I've been using mine for well over a year , before I was even vaping and had no trouble whatsoever , bit expensive at the maplin price though

@scrumpox has covered things to watch for nicely.
They work by creating cavitation, (tiny tiny bubbles) and it gets everywhere. Have a look at the propeller on a boat/jet ski that's had the wrong pitched prop for the engine and you'll see what cavitation is capable of.
Like this.

View attachment 103663

I was going to do the tinfoil test, but I'd no tinfoil. lol.

Ooooo. I love a bit of cavitation!!!!! Diesel liners and coolant additives are a daily visit :)

Great work @philTBA

Keith

That does look like a very nice bit of kit. :)
I could be temped !

Has anyone put sub-ohm tank type pre-made coils through the ultrasound? Just wondering if they could be rejuvenated by this means, or would it just destroy the cotton?

I've been wondering about ultrasonic cleaners for a while. Really informative post. Thank you.

Has anyone put sub-ohm tank type pre-made coils through the ultrasound? Just wondering if they could be rejuvenated by this means, or would it just destroy the cotton?
Don't. The ultrasonic is going to tear wicks to pieces, it'll make a right old mess.
I rebuild subtank coils for a mate, always strip out the cotton, tear them down, ultrasonic clean then recoil and rewick.
If you think the coils are good to use again after a dry burn, just rip out the wick and give them a bath. I don't bother dry burning them though.

Wouldn't have minded if you dropped my name bud :).

Yup, my James 7000S is chugging along very nicely. I found a load of old protanks the other day that had been in a mug in hot water that got forgotten out in the garage. Water had evaporated and they were absolutely disgustingly minging lol. 20 mins later, if they were in original box, you wouldn't have known they'd ever been used. Chucked another handful of minging coins in as well to give it another test with just warm water without the organic concentrate, they came excellent as well :).

Well happy. Just wish I'd thought of one a long time ago, a lot of kit has been thrown out that this thing could've rescued. Ah well, it's here now :). Handy sticky @philTBA :D.

Ive just bought this
upload_2016-9-13_12-28-30.png
it was 18.99 from ebay should arrive no Thursday anybody got any thoughts on it.

Back
Top Bottom