What's new

Univapo KIPO.

Astral

Achiever
Univapo Kipo.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device I won in a giveaway and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

DSCF8966.JPG

It had to happen didn’t it? I really should learn not to take the mick.

All I had to do was to put my name down and post a comment to win this Kipo pod kit and I couldn’t even do that without making a fool of myself.

I simply quipped facetiously: “A mech style pod. Whatever next?”.

I didn’t give it a second thought until two days later when I was partaking in my usual ‘Window’s shopping’ pastime and saw Oumier were launching exactly that with a pod version of their Wasp Nano, the Wasp Nano Stick.

Now, I'm not saying there’s a correlation between the Kipo and the Wasp Stick, there isn't, in fact they couldn’t be more different, but it does show everything will happen sooner or later.

While Oumier have gone the full mech route with their Wasp, offering no safety protections whatsoever, Univapo have offered a plethora of them with the Kipo.

It has everything from overcharge and over discharge protection to short-circuit, high temp and overtime protections to keep you as safe as houses.

The only real similarity between the two new divergent kits is the design cue to put the firing button on the bottom. Nothing else.

DSCF9009.JPG DSCF8976.JPG

While the Wasp is designed as a masculine, scary and intimidating looking device, the Kipo couldn’t be more different, it's as feminine as a lip-stick and will have you looking just as glamorous with its graduated colour fading and CNC machined twisting on its tapered lippy-shaped aluminium alloy body.

Without being sexist, I definitely think this is a kit more for the ladies, although I'm a man and have a bit of a soft spot for it.

The colour names lend themselves to that thought as well - purple dream, lime green, cherry pink, red, green, gunmetal and black - all sound pretty much geared towards the better half of our species.

DSCF9003.JPG

Even the size and weight are perfect for a dainty hand or small purse.

It only measures in at a titchy 18.5 x 86.5mm and weighs a miniscule 33g. You barely know you’re holding it.

Much of the light weight is down to the compact 520mah battery.

They say you’ll get a full day's vape out of it, but I think that is a little bit ambitious for most.

They do also say its 5v/2amp Type-C charge system will fully charge in twenty minutes though which will be a major boost if that holds true - and I’ve seen nothing to suggest it doesn’t.

It all seemed pretty spritely during my testing.

Something else that was also pretty spritely was the vaping. The excellent auto-draw system and flavoursome coils leant themselves well to puffing all too frequently.

It was an extremely enjoyable experience.

I didn’t even resort to the mech style fire button on the bottom as much as I thought I would. Habits can clearly change quicker than I thought.

At a fixed 15w both the 1.0 and 1.3 ohm 2ml PCTG pods provided excellent vapour and throat hit. They’re both warm and smooth, with the 1.0 ohm naturally slightly more airier than the smaller 1.3 ohm, and the draw was generally efficient with both.

The drip-tip slides between the lips beautifully and provides an extremely comfortable and pleasant experience.

The whole experience was a clean affair in the main and there was little mess or condensation build up thanks to its side-fill port and condensation catching design.

DSCF9010 (2).JPG

Despite their relative newcomer status, one can only hope Univapo stick with these and stick around long enough to keep them under development. This is an excellent little system and one I have enjoyed using immensely.

The only real criticisms I have are that it uses proprietary disposable pods meaning you have to replace the whole thing and incur extra waste.

From my perspective this is a step backwards at a time others are looking to become more environmentally friendly.

Other than that, the only other thing you can really comment on is the airflow.

There’s no adjustment so it’s very much a take it or leave it affair, but as an MTL vaper, it was just about perfect for me and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

All in all, this is an excellent little device. While very much of a fashion accessory it does its job perfectly.

It's extremely attractive, comes nicely packaged and with its spare pod, USB cable and paperwork and it event comes with everything you need to get going - it even comes with its own little lanyard for you to wear it round your neck - or just to prevent it from getting lost.

DSCF8989.JPG

In summary, the Univapo Kipo is a nicely designed little pod aimed at a fashion conscious market. It does everything it needs to do very well, all with an effortless chic and style.

Big time vapers won’t be into this, but those who are will find themselves with a magnificent little kit that they should enjoy immensly.

I may have started out this endeavor by making a bit of a fool of myself, but after using the KIPO for a while I've come to see it as no bad thing, and anyway it's not about me, it's about Univapo, and with this kit they've shown that they're certainly no fools and look to have a big future ahead of them.

This is a great offering and may they make many more.

Last edited:
Great read as always my friend! Not sure it's one for me though as I can't imagine using the bottom fire!

Thanks @ForestMagpie, @Fazz711 and @rew.

It might be a little bit feminine but it's a surprisingly good vape. Don't be put off by the apperance or the fire button. I'm really quite taken with it. It's so small and light my pre-conceived negatives never came to fruition.

Give it a try if you get the opportunity, you might just be surprised.

Thanks @ForestMagpie, @Fazz711 and @rew.

It might be a little bit feminine but it's a surprisingly good vape. Don't be put off by the apperance or the fire button. I'm really quite taken with it. It's so small and light my pre-conceived negatives never came to fruition.

Give it a try if you get the opportunity, you might just be surprised.

I'm more of an AIO type of person rather than a pure pod. I like to be able to change the watts and airflow.

I'm more of an AIO type of person rather than a pure pod. I like to be able to change the watts and airflow.

I get what you're saying but as something convenient just to bung in your pocket the Kipo is really quite handy. As I alluded to in the review though, it's never going to be the first choice of the serious vaper.

I get what you're saying but as something convenient just to bung in your pocket the Kipo is really quite handy. As I alluded to in the review though, it's never going to be the first choice of the serious vaper.

I get what you're saying too, but the Jackaroo would be the one I'd pick up for out and about.

I get what you're saying too, but the Jackaroo would be the one I'd pick up for out and about.

I'm with you there on the Jackaroo buddy. Jackaroo's all the way. You know how much love mine. Completely different audiences though.

Hey

Great review, mine is with the admin team waiting to be loaded on the main page, nice to see we agree on the same page with this one.
I absolutely love it! Im still using it everyday whilst reviewing other kits.
I will be using this for a while yet! Great for any mtl users but yeah its dainty but stealthy.

Back
Top Bottom