What's new

University of Lincoln study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the obvious crap question, other questions were a bit crap.

Have you vaped other additives than nicotine ? I assume they mean CBD or THC etc but it could mean flavours or colours.

How often do I fill my tank ? As an rda user I have no idea.

How often do you replace the tank? Seems to assume folk are using one device. What do they mean by replace ? What do they mean by tank? Do they think everyone is using pods ? Or that we are throwing tanks in the bin every other week ?

All rather unclear to me and does not inspire any faith that it would contribute to good science.

Echo all the thoughts above.

Last question extremely misleading and no matter what answer you give, without been able to put your comments, it looks bad on vaping as a whole.

Filled in the survey then sent this to the email address quoted at the start:

I believe the last question in your e-cigarette survey is both flawed and misleading.

Vapour from an e-cigarette will only normally contain formaldehyde if it is pushed beyond its design limits/intended wattage range and into a dry hit scenario. Several studies have tried to make this link in the past, usually with the use of a machine designed to test cigarettes and power ranges way beyond the intended use, and have been almost universally discredited for this very reason. As a vaper I can assure you a dry hit is unpleasant and that you sort the problem out before continuing to use the atomizer.

I answered “No” for this reason.

Filled in the survey then sent this to the email address quoted at the start:

I believe the last question in your e-cigarette survey is both flawed and misleading.

Vapour from an e-cigarette will only normally contain formaldehyde if it is pushed beyond its design limits/intended wattage range and into a dry hit scenario. Several studies have tried to make this link in the past, usually with the use of a machine designed to test cigarettes and power ranges way beyond the intended use, and have been almost universally discredited for this very reason. As a vaper I can assure you a dry hit is unpleasant and that you sort the problem out before continuing to use the atomizer.

I answered “No” for this reason.
well done that man. i hadnt thought of doing that.

And the response:

Good evening,

Thank you for your comment! I will take your opinion into account. Please note this survey does not have any pro or anti vaping agenda. This survey will help us design experiments to reflect more on reality of how the e-cigarettes are used by users such as yourself. The last question serves for me to see if people are interested and are researching a little about the devices they are using everyday. I am not trained upon designing surveys as this usually is not part of Science course. However, the survey got approved by ethical committee thus I didn't see problem with it. Response to last question will not have an effect on experiments conducted however it might help me with interpretation of the results. Every answer is a huge help for me on my journey to PhD. Thus thank you for your time you spent filling it in and writing me your enquiry. In case you have any other habits you wish to explain to me about using your e-cigarette please feel free to email me. It would be a huge help. Again thank you for your time!

Kind regards

JK

My reply:

Thanks for your response. Could I suggest that if you’re going to be designing experiments around e-cigarettes that you perhaps engage with the vaping community and join a forum like planet of the vapes?I would also point you to places like public health England and look up their stance on e-cigarettes e.g. https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2018/02/20/clearing-up-some-myths-around-e-cigarettes/

In what fucking way would answering yes or no to that dumbass question indicate whether "people are interested and are researching a little about the devices they are using..."?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom