What's new

Upgrade my squonk kit

They all have a lot of Pros, but I think the topside is going to be the one for now. Problem being I've just bought 4 new 18650s from fogstar. Do you see much difference in battery life with the 21700?

I don't mind carrying an extra cell at the times I may need it, which isn't that often.
Never tried it with an 18650 tbh, theres a battery adaptor included for it included, depends what sort of wattage you vape at but I think you'll be fine with the 18650s then maybe grab a couple of 21700 in the future, good choice I really do like the topside, comes with a spare squonk bottle too very well designed mod

Never tried it with an 18650 tbh, theres a battery adaptor included for it included, depends what sort of wattage you vape at but I think you'll be fine with the 18650s then maybe grab a couple of 21700 in the future, good choice I really do like the topside, comes with a spare squonk bottle too very well designed mod
I'd usually build at around 0.2-0.3 and vape at around 70 watts. Got Samsung 30Qs rated at 20A so should be safe. What kind of builds and wattage do you vape in the topside?

At 70w on a single 18650 you will be pulling over 20A

I'm using the profile RDA, previously on the wotofo mesh at around 50-55w, now I've got some nexmesh mesh and using that at 65w

Shame about the red, but just not my colour.

The lost vape drone, I hear a lot about DNA mods but maybe a bit naive, are they really worth there money. Would anyone else say the lost vape drone is worth it over the topside?

The topside dual also on offer at grey haze, but I think it may just be too big. To anyone who has one, is it hefty to carry around?

The Niagara is a good choice if it's still under $30 on Aliexpress and the smallest dual battery squonk mod I know of AND will fit in trouser pockets, as much as I love the Topside the Drone BF DNA is an absolute steal for a DNA mod, I'm gutted as I'm spent out so can't grab this offer.

DNA colour are most definitely worth the money, the chipset alone is over 50 quid and it's customisation is the best on any mod I've owned (I have the DNA75c in a Therion but it's pretty much the same).

To answer your question about the weight of the Topside, yes it's quite heavy and all though it's not 'pocket friendly' I still manage it and take it out a lot in my jacket pocket, for the brief summer period we might get I will probably shove it in a waist pouch even though I hate them.

There's plenty of single battery squonkers if weight is an issue but I would go for a dual if you're out and about a lot.

Good luck on your shopping quest, but I would snatch the Drone if it was me.

They all have a lot of Pros, but I think the topside is going to be the one for now. Problem being I've just bought 4 new 18650s from fogstar. Do you see much difference in battery life with the 21700?

I don't mind carrying an extra cell at the times I may need it, which isn't that often.
If you are going for the Topside I would get the dual, the size difference isn't that great and you get to use your 18650's.

I'm not as impressed with the Topside Single and always reach for my dual when I'm leaving the house.

At 70w on a single 18650 you will be pulling over 20A

I'm using the profile RDA, previously on the wotofo mesh at around 50-55w, now I've got some nexmesh mesh and using that at 65w
Really? If I build at 0.25 and vape at 70 watts considering the voltage to be 4.2, I get that to just under 17 amps. I dont want to be unsafe though so let me know if I'm missing something.

The Niagara is a good choice if it's still under $30 on Aliexpress and the smallest dual battery squonk mod I know of AND will fit in trouser pockets, as much as I love the Topside the Drone BF DNA is an absolute steal for a DNA mod, I'm gutted as I'm spent out so can't grab this offer.

DNA colour are most definitely worth the money, the chipset alone is over 50 quid and it's customisation is the best on any mod I've owned (I have the DNA75c in a Therion but it's pretty much the same).

To answer your question about the weight of the Topside, yes it's quite heavy and all though it's not 'pocket friendly' I still manage it and take it out a lot in my jacket pocket, for the brief summer period we might get I will probably shove it in a waist pouch even though I hate them.

There's plenty of single battery squonkers if weight is an issue but I would go for a dual if you're out and about a lot.

Good luck on your shopping quest, but I would snatch the Drone if it was me.

I do like the look of the drone, but I want a squonk I can take on holiday with me and have at the pub etc and it may be a bit big. Not a fan of the polished ultem but the black and silver looks great.

In terms of custimation, I generally just vape in power (wattage) mode, set it to whatever feels good and go. Would you say theres a lot still to benefit from?

Really? If I build at 0.25 and vape at 70 watts considering the voltage to be 4.2, I get that to just under 17 amps. I dont want to be unsafe though so let me know if I'm missing something.
You may be right I just used the amp calculator on fogstar site which came out at 26amps, just looked on steam engine and yes looks like just under 17amps sorry, not sure why so different maybe safety factor

30Qs will be ok in a regulated device but would recommend either Sony VTC5A or Molicell P26 (preferred) with the higher amps/watts.

I do like the look of the drone, but I want a squonk I can take on holiday with me and have at the pub etc and it may be a bit big. Not a fan of the polished ultem but the black and silver looks great.

In terms of customisation, I generally just vape in power (wattage) mode, set it to whatever feels good and go. Would you say theres a lot still to benefit from?

As you can tell I'm a huge fan of DNA, I was the same as you until I tried one, then it was like "oh! now I get it" it really shines in Temp Control which again I didn't understand at the time, but it really is VERY simple to use and more importantly after you've set your desired temp & watts (no big mystery, just guess and adjust) welcome to NO DRY HITS TOWN.

Seriously, no dry hits, you can vape away even if you forget to squonk you won't get a dry hit, Temp Control simply lowers the power as it detects the temp of the coil, less juice makes the coil burn hotter which is where dry hits start, TC prevents the coil from this happening by automatically decreasing the power until the next squonk.

Sounds a little complicated but it really isn't, the Niagara doesn't offer this feature as it's wattage only, the Topside has a great TC performance but the Drone DNA has so much more to offer, lots of features and I love the way you can easily update your screen:

LH6A0168.jpg

Back
Top Bottom