What's new

Vaper Expo Oct 2017

I went yesterday as i managed to get a day off work - but didnt tell the Mrs. Standouts for me were the 12 monkeys stand , Elements and Dinner lady. The event is massive i was there about 5 hours and my legs still not have recovered with all the walking. Picked up a clieto exo plus a pack of coils for £25 and a shitload of juice. Not too much in the way of freebies but Dinner Lady gave out a really nice bag with a bottle of juice - its pink but i dont care - kudos to them its great. Also picked up 3 bottles of 12 monkeys harambae and a really nice build matt and mod holder for £30. Some really nice high end mods there also but way outside of my budget. Had a great day - yesterday was more business to business but today and tomorrow should be more for the vaper.

Well, I'm on my way. Thought I'd score it out of 10 so started on 5, the early start (unusual to see me out of bed before midday on a saturday) means I've knocked a point off already and given the balance of opinion is negative on whether I will like it or not (@junglist 'thinks' I will like it, @Ment says I'll hate 90% and a text from @3dj started with 'Jimmy. Do not go to Expo.') so it's 3 out of 10 before I even get there.

Well, I'm on my way. Thought I'd score it out of 10 so started on 5, the early start (unusual to see me out of bed before midday on a saturday) means I've knocked a point off already and given the balance of opinion is negative on whether I will like it or not (@junglist 'thinks' I will like it, @Ment says I'll hate 90% and a text from @3dj started with 'Jimmy. Do not go to Expo.') so it's 3 out of 10 before I even get there.
Good luck. :D

@junglist
It was a real eye opener!

Gutted that i was full of cold, sore throat and only 3 of the 5 senses working, of all the times to lose the sense of taste and smell.....
Needless to say I didn't sample much in the way of juice :(

Did, however, try some nic salts for the first time. Haven't MTL vaped for a long time, just makes me cough!!! Tried some 6mg and then with persuasion and trepidation tried some 20mg. Hell, that's some smooth 50/50 20mg juice!!!!!!
Can't see why this is not destined to replace base nic, especially for first time vapers quitting smoking.

Tried one or two of the Malaysian juices. Cracking, simple single punchy flavours. These were about the only thing I could *almost* taste. Chatting to the one exhibitor he was saying that because Malaysian food has really punchy and intense flavours that on the whole US and UK juices are too subtle/tastless for their palate. We also decided it could also be marketed as a cold remedy!

Biggest piss take was the 'Cloudbury's' selection boxes.....Jesus f*cking wept. Anyone selling those deserved a smack in the face and minimum of a C&D letter from Cadbury's solicitors.

Dinner Ladies marketing campaign had to be the best there in my opinion. The number of hairy arsed old vapers happily walking around with a lurid pink bag with a bottle of juice in......cracking job!!!!!

The mod that I came closest to purchasing , Scream series squonker from https://www.julesvapes.co.uk
It's only a matter of time before I get one...........

Highlight? Wandering around happily tooting on a series mod and 30mm atty and no one looking horrified at the clouds.
The only thing that made me feel uncomfortable?
I didn't have a beard.
I'll grow one for next year!

I went with no beard and no hair. How inadequate do you think I felt?

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Good to see you @JustDave - looking good IMO mate :) Hope you had a good day! Was another good one for me, made all the better for seeing Dave, @Jimmydids and @chubbaduckie - missed @Ment though so that was shame :(

Jim and Dave agree with me, the Element Cheeba juice is a winner. Will post up what I got hold of and tried today before I forget but need a drink first...

Good to see you @JustDave - looking good IMO mate [emoji4] Hope you had a good day! Was another good one for me, made all the better for seeing Dave, @Jimmydids and @chubbaduckie - missed @Ment though so that was shame [emoji20]

Jim and Dave agree with me, the Element Cheeba juice is a winner. Will post up what I got hold of and tried today before I forget but need a drink first...

Those Element juices were brilliant. Not my normal thing, being high VG (90+) and low Nic, but with flavours like that I will make an exception.

Good to catch up @junglist

See you again soon.

Last edited:
The winner of the Vaper Expo 'I Know Jimmydids Better Than The Other Two Who Gave An Opinion' Award 2017 goes to @junglist.
I quite liked it, didn't notice the noise after a while and bought a load of stuff I don't need after being forced to by @junglist and @JustDave. Unfortunately there is no money left to buy a prize for the winner, serves him right, it's his own fault.

Good to see you @JustDave - looking good IMO mate :) Hope you had a good day! Was another good one for me, made all the better for seeing Dave, @Jimmydids and @chubbaduckie - missed @Ment though so that was shame :(

Shame we didn't meet up - I allowed myself less time this time, not anticipating it being so much bigger, and by the time I'd had a good walk round it was nearly time to go.

I did get to meet Todd though.

Back
Top Bottom