What's new

Vapeshell... maybe ???

gravystain

Achiever
I m not massively clue’d up on the bb scene, so hence the post, I have a dna60, don’t use it all the time but enjoy it when I do, it’s set up with the steam tuners insider, build is 0.89 resistance, 24g kanthal, 8 wraps, 3mm id, running at 20.5 watts, which works well for me...
But I’m looking for something else that I can run at abit lower resistance, around 0.5ish and abit higher wattage, around 30ish watts, so with my lack of bb knowledge I’m thinking the vapeshell would be a good choice ??? do any of you more experienced bb users agree with that or could you suggest something better, only requirements are that it’s rebuildable....
I have been looking at the sxk vapeshell on fasttech and most of the reviews on there say steer clear of it, anyone have one and find they work ok or are they just junk ?? Wouldn’t mind paying for a genuine one if that’s the route to take with a vapeshell...

I would suggest an Exocet for a build like that tbh
In my eyes a vapeshell would struggle to keep up the wicking at that power

I have used both genuine and SXK Vapeshell and to be honest I couldn't tell the difference in performance. The machining was better on the genuine. Might be worth trying the SXK version.
I can't really comment about using it at your power level as I use mine at low watts with MTL reducers.

I would suggest an Exocet for a build like that tbh
In my eyes a vapeshell would struggle to keep up the wicking at that power
Thanks for the advice, I did take a look at the Exocet but what put me off abit was it looked to have a smaller build area than the vapeshell, so I thought the vapeshell would be better, you said the vapeshell would struggle to keep up with the wicking, is that just down to it having smaller juice ports ?

Thanks for the advice, I did take a look at the Exocet but what put me off abit was it looked to have a smaller build area than the vapeshell, so I thought the vapeshell would be better, you said the vapeshell would struggle to keep up with the wicking, is that just down to it having smaller juice ports ?

I find the build area on the Exocet fine - you can fit in a 3mm if you need to
The vapeshell is obviously bottom fed and I found the holes very small to feed the juice and could really never get the hang of wicking it tbh but @Rob rates it highly
The Exocet is easier to wick, more flavoursome and has larger juice ports

I have used both genuine and SXK Vapeshell and to be honest I couldn't tell the difference in performance. The machining was better on the genuine. Might be worth trying the SXK version.
I can't really comment about using it at your power level as I use mine at low watts with MTL reducers.
Cheers for the info, some of the reviews on fasttech of the sxk say the machining is really poor and you struggle to get the 2 halfs to line up, but if you say it’s fine then would be happy to give the sxk a go...

I find the build area on the Exocet fine - you can fit in a 3mm if you need to
The vapeshell is obviously bottom fed and I found the holes very small to feed the juice and could really never get the hang of wicking it tbh but @Rob rates it highly
The Exocet is easier to wick, more flavoursome and has larger juice ports
Nice one, this is the kinda knowledge I was looking for, as with the insider i’m using now, if you don’t wick it bang on if won’t perform well, but as you say the Exocet has more flavour and larger juice ports then this is one i definitely have to try...

Hi @gravystain I bought an SXK vapeshell from Fastech and I am running it at 32 ohms and 32 w and it is fine I have never had a dry hit from it, wicking is great on it and it is good to build on and they supply the 510 adapter with it to build on a stand or ohm reader. Hope it helps cheers

Hi @gravystain I bought an SXK vapeshell from Fastech and I am running it at 32 ohms and 32 w and it is fine I have never had a dry hit from it, wicking is great on it and it is good to build on and they supply the 510 adapter with it to build on a stand or ohm reader. Hope it helps cheers
Yeah massive help mate, cheers...
Only problem is fasttech is saying 7 days till shipping :(
What pg/vg juice do you run in it please ?

@gravystain :)
We have many Vape Shells :) We love em, but tend not to run them as low as you're suggesting, for no other reason than we enjoy higher ohm builds. That said, I have run one at 0.6ohms by mistake once and it worked like a charm.
My only "slight" niggle is that I have found that with any really VG heavy liquids, you do need to let a Vape Shell rest a bit. Chain Vaping won't work!! But I am talking 80/20 here.
The easy thing to do with an SXK Vape Shell is mark it like so, then you're fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom