What's new

Vapeshell or?

If ordering from Fasttech, whats the best shipping method these days?
It used to be the UK epacket service ($1.50), but I notice they now also offer United Kingdom expedited service with a Royal Mail logo ($3.69).
Does anyone know if it's worth paying the extra?

It used to be the UK epacket service ($1.50), but I notice they now also offer United Kingdom expedited service with a Royal Mail logo ($3.69).

Either optain kinda sucks right now as it may take a week or so before it gets on a plane as the airlines are only taking so many parcels at a time and the estimated delivery time they say is complete bollocks. I paid extra for the 12-15 days and took nearly 26 days to arrive and that was wat I got told by ft c.s when i asked wat was happening.

Better going 3fvape or 2fdeal from war I've read on there forum pages and other places

Just like @stuartd said Fasttech isn't fast these days.

If the item is in stock then - they will process your order the next working day (because China are 8 hours out of cinc with UK time), package it the next day, and if you're lucky it will be collected by their delivery agent the day after that, so it will take 3 (working) days from you ordering before it actually leaves FT at best. If they DON'T have it in stock and have an estimated restocking date - they only count Monday to Fridays inclusive (Saturdays and Sundays don't count). For example- I ordered a few bits on Saturday - one item has a 10 day predicted restocking date, They will look at my order on Monday and put in a restock request to their local supplier on Monday, as Monday is day zero lol Tuesday will be day one, as they don't count weekend days day 10 will be the Monday after next. If all is good it will be packaged the next day and collected by the courier the day after that. This 10 day restocking date means, in reality I will probably wait 18 days from the day I actually ordered before it leaves FT, if their supplier can't meet this date then the notorious Fasttech restocking game happens (I will probably cancel if this is the case).

Once the courier picks up from FT normally the tracking shows lots of details of it passing through the various mail depots until (normally after about 5 days) you get the notification it is 'Leaving China' or 'Handed over to Airlines'. Then the tracking will mysteriously die for 12 to 14 days on average, if all is well tracking will recommence when it arrives at Heathrow (AT LEAST 2 weeks after leaving FT, anticipating 3 weeks is more realistic). What happens for this 2 weeks when your order goes into a tracking black hole is it sits on a pallet in isolation for at least a week, waiting for a plane.

If you use a 'faster' mail service your order will still sit at the airport for a week in mainland China, it will be prioritised over the budget China Mail items and jump the queue a bit for the flight, but it doesn't matter how much extra you pay - this minimum one week delay will happen. Personally I wouldn't bother paying extra as it will still be slow.

In short, its slow - if you need something in under a month, go somewhere else.

Just like @stuartd said Fasttech isn't fast these days.

If the item is in stock then - they will process your order the next working day (because China are 8 hours out of cinc with UK time), package it the next day, and if you're lucky it will be collected by their delivery agent the day after that, so it will take 3 (working) days from you ordering before it actually leaves FT at best. If they DON'T have it in stock and have an estimated restocking date - they only count Monday to Fridays inclusive (Saturdays and Sundays don't count). For example- I ordered a few bits on Saturday - one item has a 10 day predicted restocking date, They will look at my order on Monday and put in a restock request to their local supplier on Monday, as Monday is day zero lol Tuesday will be day one, as they don't count weekend days day 10 will be the Monday after next. If all is good it will be packaged the next day and collected by the courier the day after that. This 10 day restocking date means, in reality I will probably wait 18 days from the day I actually ordered before it leaves FT, if their supplier can't meet this date then the notorious Fasttech restocking game happens (I will probably cancel if this is the case).

Once the courier picks up from FT normally the tracking shows lots of details of it passing through the various mail depots until (normally after about 5 days) you get the notification it is 'Leaving China' or 'Handed over to Airlines'. Then the tracking will mysteriously die for 12 to 14 days on average, if all is well tracking will recommence when it arrives at Heathrow (AT LEAST 2 weeks after leaving FT, anticipating 3 weeks is more realistic). What happens for this 2 weeks when your order goes into a tracking black hole is it sits on a pallet in isolation for at least a week, waiting for a plane.

If you use a 'faster' mail service your order will still sit at the airport for a week in mainland China, it will be prioritised over the budget China Mail items and jump the queue a bit for the flight, but it doesn't matter how much extra you pay - this minimum one week delay will happen. Personally I wouldn't bother paying extra as it will still be slow.

In short, its slow - if you need something in under a month, go somewhere else.

My thoughts exactly

Are the SXK replacement panels any good or am I best avoiding those and looking elsewhere?

I would go with carrot laboratories bud. I’ve only been using him a few months but every set I’ve had have been great. Only problem is you will need to contact him through Facebook

Thanks rj267, unfortunately I don't use Facebook, but I have found him on Instagram so I've sent a message.

Last edited:
Sent a message over a week ago, but I guess carrotlabs dont reply on instagram :(

Does anyone know if MK mods panels are any better than the SXK ones please?
Or can anyone recommend some simple panels with a window or two for the juice and screen?

Back
Top Bottom