What's new

Vaping Injuries "Like being shot in the face"

is very sad news, but i think the bottom line, is the problem of ignorance, if every that uses mod and this type of battery, which a very similar to those use RC model, and the very same one in mobile and laptop. knows how to handle them.

Should not be any issue, i do have an unwrap efest 18650 from 4 months i know i should not be using it, but i know how to use it, so far not problem, crossed finger
I mean this in the nicest way possible, but if you are using an unwrapped battery, you don't know how to use it- no need to cross your fingers and hope for luck, just buy some shrink wrap and get a hairdryer, and rewrap the battery, or buy a new one.

Your face is worth a lot more than the price of a roll of shrink wrap or a new battery.

I've said it before I'll say it agen it's ok when a phone explodes or melts it's ok when peoples lighters explodes in there hand it's reported in the papers or on the news then forget about it carry on making them but when a mod (e cig) explodes fuck me it's the end of the world what a bunch of tosses people who am agenst vaping what's there god dam problem it's ok when thay keep preaching to people smoking kills but thay won't ban fags what a bunch of cock jokeys VAPING SAVES LIFES :rant:

stupid.png

So some idiots got damaged from poorly made batteries? Hohum. They should have researched what they were buying. Sadly the market is flooded with shit-a-likes made by shysters.
I'm an idiot dumb-ass who doesn't know his arse from his elbow. That's why i joined POTV; people here have a lot more knowledge on vaping than me and will gladly answer my stupid questions and give damn good suggestions (and suggest good deals from reputable vendors). People who vape safely should not be demonized because one or two half-wits gone-dun sumpin' stooopid!
At this moment in time the shitty parts of the tabloid "media" need a demon, as demons make a good story and sell papers. i wonder if anyone from the guardian has ever been on these forums? (the people who write the articles, like?).

the Gaurdian using a headline picture of a cig a like from 3 years ago.

this is what shot in the face by a gun looks like and ive seen quite a few xrays in my time coming through my deaprtment.

skull.PNG

October 6, 2016
The New England Journal of Medicine

Explosion Injuries from E-Cigarettes

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc1608478

Although these explosions were previously thought to be isolated events, the injuries among our 15 patients add to growing evidence that e-cigarettes are a public safety concern that demands increased regulation as well as design changes to improve safety.

i do agree on a regulated sale of battery or mod, or some kind of awareness to show them how to use and care those devices

spot on. its safety awarness that needs to be pummeled into peoples heads.
more warnings about batteries and keep them boxed when not in use and never carry lose in bags/pockets.
clamp down on cheap market stall knock offs as its a growing buisiness they will make more fakes
only use cable supplied no matter how expert they think they are.
never leave charging alone or overnight and keep ventilated and not under a fookin pillow.

October 6, 2016
The New England Journal of Medicine

Explosion Injuries from E-Cigarettes

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc1608478

Although these explosions were previously thought to be isolated events, the injuries among our 15 patients add to growing evidence that e-cigarettes are a public safety concern that demands increased regulation as well as design changes to improve safety.

Amazes me that these stupid reports don't even try to cover up their own bullshit, viz:

"there have been reports, primarily in the media, of 25 separate incidents of e-cigarette explosions from 2009 through 2014 across the United States"

Probably in that period (five years) across a huge population (>300million) a lot more people got their eyes torn out by fishing hooks or blew themselves up on gas fired barbecues ...

Back
Top Bottom