What's new

BBC Negative Vape Propaganda continues...

The debate goes on until the government decides what’s best for everyone, so we can all look forward to another Government cockup.

The debate goes on until the government decides what’s best for everyone, so we can all look forward to another Government cockup.

I already suffer from depression so try to stay away from Politics, they all talk bullshit and make promises that are never kept. Why do they pay themselves so much, i wouldn't give them anything. The Politicians and the Media are 2 things i can't abide.

The problem is, some people (e.g. prisoners, disabled, mentally ill, or homeless) simply can't...

Tbh, I am actually surprised that any vapers on this forum would want an aspect of vaping banned (even though, as I've said already, I don't like disposables).
This is inherently the problem though isnt it.

im not actually in favour of a direct disposable ban At all.

In my opinion that makes it the responsibility of the retailers to treat disposables in a more responsible manner - availability but not the forefront of their advertising etc - more emphasis on non disposable, explanations on why if you can non-disposable is a better option.

that is not enforceable though - and at the minute its a huge cash grab free for all with everyone (apart from a few more sensible people like your company) openly trying to be the best at selling disposables above all else. This in itself is pushing disposables as the main vape item, so more are on the streets littering everything, more rechargeable lithium batteries are being used in a single use manner - more plastic is entering the enviroment.

this regardless of anyones opinions on disposables, or there genuine usage reasons such as the ones highlighted above (homeless, prisons) is likely to ultimately end in either a ban on disposables or more wide reaching consequences for the whole of vaping.
These consequences wont be because these things exist, it will be because of the wanton cash grab they are at the centre of, and them now being seen as the main thing people should goto because thats often all they can see.

This industry - as i have noted before is really quite self destructive.

Hmmm.... I'm not entirely down with it, but the best solution I can think of is to regulate the disposal of disposables.

Disposables themselves aren't inherently evil, but the irresponsible disposal of them, on such a scale, is very damaging.

Their sale seems to generate a lot of cash, based on the level of advertising and promotion they receive. So perhaps some of that money can contribute to a disposal scheme that retailers are obliged to partake in. Nothing fancy, just a bin like they have for the batteries. Disposal in any other site might be subject to a fine.

The responsibility for financing the scheme would be down to manufacturers and retailers, but the responsibility for not chucking them on the street should lie with the end user IMO.

I think if they were regulated people would still discard them without any thought for the environment. It's how people are especially the younger ones. My son has started using them and i haven't spoken to him since he told me, i honestly never thought it could happen.

I think if they were regulated people would still discard them without any thought for the environment. It's how people are especially the younger ones. My son has started using them and i haven't spoken to him since he told me, i honestly never thought it could happen.

agree, there have been fag police here for years who fine folk £50 for dropping doubts, doesn’t seem to stop them.

That's a bit extreme man, no speaking to your boy, because of a wee daft plastic throwaway vape....ffs man get a grip

agree, there have been fag police here for years who fine folk £50 for dropping doubts, doesn’t seem to stop them.

You may be right, but I'm still not keen on outright bans, and I think there can be a place for disposables if there is enough will to manage disposal correctly.

One area where OTS fines did seem to work, at least in my anecdotal experience is.... dogshit. :) There has been a lot less of it floating about the streets where I've lived since OTS fines were introduced.

Having widely accessible vape bins where disposables can be disposed off would also be a big step forward IMO. Can't see them going down well in schools though. But people are much more likely to be good citizens if you make it easy for them.

That's a bit extreme man, no speaking to your boy, because of a wee daft plastic throwaway vape....ffs man get a grip

He stopped talking to me because i told him he shouldn't be vaping them, especially with the amount of gear i have given him. If he doesn't want to talk to me that's his choice not mine, i always have a grip on my situations.

Back
Top Bottom