What's new

BBC Negative Vape Propaganda continues...

Toby iVapour

Vendor
Merseyside and Cheshire health officials call for vape ban
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-65949924
Health officials have joined forces to condemn the rise of disposable vapes and the "disgraceful" tactics tobacco companies use to target children.
"We have no doubt that aggressive marketing and advertising strategies from tobacco companies, like offering a variety of enticing flavourings and colours, are to blame."
I'm sick of that "bright colours" BS...
And where is the evidence that tobacco companies are somehow complicit in "aggressive marketing and advertising strategies".. is the only evidence in "bright colours" FFS?

Vape store boss supports ban on disposables
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65837292
A leading retailer and manufacturer of vaping products says he would support a ban on disposable vapes as long as it did not create a black market.
Mr Mutter said: "For me, there should be a ban on disposables that we would support if there were proper punishments and policing put in place to enforce the ban and ensure that a black market doesn't bubble up."
Err.. if there is enough of a demand for something, then a black market will be there to supply that demand.. nobody could say for sure if that will occur or not, in the event of disposables being banned...

Vaping: E-cigarettes have ruined my life, woman says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-66003264
A woman who became addicted to vaping at the age of 16 has warned of the struggles she has faced, claiming e-cigarettes have ruined her life.
Belle's mother Lynne said she hated watching her daughter vape, adding something "drastic" needed to be done.
So, why are we not getting any articles of some random person saying that vaping saved their life, quitting smoking, and potentially avoiding progressive ill health and an early death?

It seems the world and his dog are Anti something or other, it just seems that vaping is in the firing line. Will all this vaping propaganda blow over ?. I doubt it until the next best thing comes along. I think they chose Vaping because there isn't anything else worth reporting.

I think they chose Vaping because there isn't anything else worth reporting.
I actually think or fear that it is more insidious than that.. it's like the media are lobbying or attempting to influence the actions, policies, or decisions of legislators...
.. and why the lies or untruths?
Interesting infographic here -
https://theavm.org/accountability/anti-vaping-activists-want-censorship-in-public-health-research

Anti-Vaping-Campaign-Network-Updated.png

Scandal always attracts readers or viewers, Newspapers and the press in general love sensationalism they thrive on it. Anything else like the truth doesn't interest them. That's my view on them anyway and i don't think anyone can say i am wrong.

I notice Big Tobacco are also engaged in a series of actions against disposable vapes that compete with their prefilled pod devices -
https://vaping360.com/vape-news/124731/ohio-legislators-sneak-flavor-ban-into-must-pass-bill/
Following a failed bid to buy disposable vape manufacturer Elf Bar in late 2022, Reynolds’ corporate parent BAT provided testing data to UK Trading Standards teams the tobacco company said “demonstrated consistent and widespread overfilling” of the disposable products. The actions came after a British newspaper conducted its own similar tests. BAT then sent letters to retailers warning them of “the risks of corporate and personal liability arising from the sale of non-compliant products.”

I'm sick of that "bright colours" BS...
And where is the evidence that tobacco companies are somehow complicit in "aggressive marketing and advertising strategies".. is the only evidence in "bright colours" FFS?

no idea if it has anything to do with tobacco companies but there is loads of shite like this

WhatsAppImage2023-01-14at10.36.25AM.jpg

Lavie-Max-Cup-8000-Puffs-Disposable-Vape-1.png

More evidence of middle class outrage for any issue that doesn’t mean having to actually involve themselves in their children’s lives or sacrifice for a better society. Politicians pander for votes, and the BBC panders for viewers and clicks. There is no morality or ethics, simply statistics and budgets :56:

Is it okay then that I am outraged at this? :hmm:

this has been inevitable for ages, there were debates on here about it years ago. the advent of disposables has only created an open goal for them.

this has been inevitable for ages, there were debates on here about it years ago. the advent of disposables has only created an open goal for them.

I agree and disagree with that statement...

I think that if the disposables market had been treated responsibly by the vaping industry as a whole (with more of an onus probably on the manufacturers in that respect, but they are all in China, and probably don't really give a shit), then it may well have not looked so bad in the eyes of the legislators (in respect to environmental issues)...

But it wasn't.. and the horse has already bolted...

Back
Top Bottom