What's new

Big new vape laws coming in OZ

Here’s a reply I got from Bogan…it appears that it will at the very least take a long while before this shite is implemented :22:

ZtPxQYp.jpg

Overwhelmingly negative article about vaping in Aus on the BBC site, chock full of untruths -
Why Australia decided to quit its vaping habit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-65522841

I notice it's written by Tom Housden, BBC News, Sydney.. and makes you wonder if he really believes the propaganda spouted...
He (or the BBC) certainly didn't fact check it. And there is no mention of the extremely damaging effects of Aussie vaping prohibition.

Just because Aus has the abject stupidity to attempt to eradicate tobacco harm reduction doesn't mean it's supportive propaganda should be preached as some kind of gospel on main news outlets in other countries. It (the negative propaganda) is becoming like a pervasive disease.
I hope it gets reported for what it is...

Was a big hit job on vaping last nights tv.
Was unbelievable. Presenter talking to teen girls was a joke. He asks them have they heard of popcorn lung. One replies "oh yes, i hear people vaping and when they cough you hear a popping sound". Another says she hears of people coughing up black mucus. All total crap.
They did a segment on Evali, which was shown by research in the US, Canada and here to be from vaping that dodgy Thc vitamin e black market crap but the presenter made out like it was all vapes. One Dr showed an xray of someone's bad lungs, not a vaper, but states "this is what a vapers lungs will look like". Then says we should stop it before the bodies pile up.
They declared it a national emergency and claimed children at kindergarten were vaping whilst showing over and over a bit of old footage from another country of about a 2 yr old on some idiots lap vaping, was that even real? (Edit, apparently it was some idiot aunty looking after an 11 mth old did do that here, no charges laid)
Nic is still prescription only here and the push to ban is gaining big momentum. Most nic that people are getting here is illegal black market.
In the media every day.
I reckon they'll get their way.

Last edited:
Here’s a reply I got from Bogan…it appears that it will at the very least take a long while before this shite is implemented :22:

ZtPxQYp.jpg
That's his opinion, others differ. They once said no way they'll make importing nic illegal.
But they did.
You can still get anything you want and when they put a ban on things for sure people still will.
But like the Nic. It took me a couple of months to find a Dr that agreed to give me a script. People still get it easy all the time, illegally, I could order some today and have it within a week. But that would be agreeing to let those sending it lie on the declaration. That's not me.
Yeah I believe people will be able to get what they want even if they ban stuff, just like the nic. But for honest people they wont.

I certainly respect and admire your principles @Tazz , but there is also a question of ethics and compassion.

We go on about this subject quite often, but there is a societal question that is often avoided. If there is demand, there will be supply, and this is proven rather concretely by the total failure of prohibitions the world over. Black markets will always find a way to supply people who don’t have such lofty principles. Governance is based entirely on trust and the belief that those in power have your best interest at heart. Enforcement of laws that aren’t respected by the populace is untenable, and the social contract we all live by has to be implicitly understood by all. By passing legislation that creates unreasonable conditions, the growth of black markets, and the criminalization of sectors of society that were loyal previously, the government erodes this critical contract. Having grown up in the US, I’ve seen with my own eyes how a near total erosion of trust in government can occur over just a few decades. It is a terrible sight, and threatens many of the things we hold dear.

I certainly respect and admire your principles @Tazz , but there is also a question of ethics and compassion.

We go on about this subject quite often, but there is a societal question that is often avoided. If there is demand, there will be supply, and this is proven rather concretely by the total failure of prohibitions the world over. Black markets will always find a way to supply people who don’t have such lofty principles. Governance is based entirely on trust and the belief that those in power have your best interest at heart. Enforcement of laws that aren’t respected by the populace is untenable, and the social contract we all live by has to be implicitly understood by all. By passing legislation that creates unreasonable conditions, the growth of black markets, and the criminalization of sectors of society that were loyal previously, the government erodes this critical contract. Having grown up in the US, I’ve seen with my own eyes how a near total erosion of trust in government can occur over just a few decades. It is a terrible sight, and threatens many of the things we hold dear.
I get mate what you mean. Thanks.
Our Aus as we knew it was and is destroyed from the BS from Covid lockdowns. I could write pages of what happened here and was hidden from the media and the usual like YouTube and others as well as show actual unrefutable footage of what they did to us. Nowhere else I believe in the world happened like it did to us.
Just heard tonight the Govt is about to ramp it up with off of the chart with Anti Vape adds here, again with mad bs fake info.
Apparently the adds are going to contain anti vape stuff with how people are vaping nail polish remover ingredients.
There may well be those like Bogan saying nah, but no, the ones from the Govt vaping lobby who I get info sent to me from say buckle up. Those like him said Nic would be ok. It isn't.
Unless your happy to lie and break the law. I don't and I dont advocate doing it.
Its not about me having morals. Its about being honest.
I wont lie. I can't be trusted if I lie.

I get mate what you mean. Thanks.
Our Aus as we knew it was and is destroyed from the BS from Covid lockdowns. I could write pages of what happened here and was hidden from the media and the usual like YouTube and others as well as show actual unrefutable footage of what they did to us. Nowhere else I believe in the world happened like it did to us.
Just heard tonight the Govt is about to ramp it up with off of the chart with Anti Vape adds here, again with mad bs fake info.
Apparently the adds are going to contain anti vape stuff with how people are vaping nail polish remover ingredients.
There may well be those like Bogan saying nah, but no, the ones from the Govt vaping lobby who I get info sent to me from say buckle up. Those like him said Nic would be ok. It isn't.
Unless your happy to lie and break the law. I don't and I dont advocate doing it.
Its not about me having morals. Its about being honest.
I wont lie. I can't be trusted if I lie.
To be honest and trusted is perhaps the definition of having morals…But unfortunately, society is made up of individuals, and even a small number of free-riders and power-seekers can destroy our collective trust. Not everyone feels they should be honest when we are constantly bombarded by double-speak and public figures without ethics. So there is an incomparable difference between us trusting each other on a personal level and blindly trusting leaders who consciously exploit that trust.

As I read a large quantity of international news every day, I am somewhat familiar with the level of incompetence the Australian government has shown over the last few years, not just with Covid, but also regarding the environment and the economy. I can just imagine what is kept quiet and hidden from public view :hmm: I can however mention that there are unheard of levels of idiocy here in Norway, as well. Maybe not of Oz dimensions, but it is a universal phenomenon I’m afraid :22:

It has also been enlightening and entertaining watching vids from down under, particularly these:

https://youtube.com/@thejuicemedia

Maybe you could contact them and request a sardonic response to the vaping hysteria? Might be something we all could use in our fight against the ministry of truth :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom