What's new

Vendor query

Obviously I understand that the overheads are the main factor, however, surely the extra footfall would help alleviate those worries. I used to run a small business not exactly a high street shop, just a small outlet, for about 8 years until the market changed, and I cant help but think that had I found "My" switching cure of vaping back then, that I may just have been able to adapt my concept slightly and been able to continue on. I had a coffee shop/Sandwich shop, a couple of sofas and a good order of all things e cigs from hong kong and/or reputable contacts and I could have still been in business. :(

I was told a vendor intends to open a B&M here,but I feel for anyone trying to start a shop in this town with the council "executive" jumping all over them for daring to fart in public.The shop rents are also supposed to be high & every time the council are asked about dropping the rents to promote the town centre,they pass the buck.

Example of council decisions:I used to run a taxi/private hire business,which required me to undergo regular council "vehicle checks" and just before one of my minibuses was due to attend for this check(like an MOT but includes cleanliness/fire safety equipment etc)I received a letter from the council informing me that they'd decided no more hatchback type minibuses were going to be allowed(I had a Nissan)so I went and bought a Ford Transit (with vertically split rear access)Right after I had got the Transit through the checking procedure,I set it to work as a private hire bus.Bugger me if I didn't keep seeing hatchback buses running about the area carrying new "plates" (checks every 6mths for a private hire plate)so phoned the council to enquire how/why & was told "oh,we changed our minds about them" which caused me to explode in anger & demand why the fuck someone didn't inform me BEFORE I'd forked out for another fucking minibus!

Back
Top Bottom