What's new

Wasp Nano nice setup - (similar to Recurve)

After my success with the Recurve I tried the same wire on the Wasp Nano but this time just 4 wraps plus legs 3mm Dia to achieve 0.30 ohms.

Again works a treat in TC mode squonks and on mechs such as the Pulse and Athena

Again using this wire:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/9654697
Authentic Coilology 316L Stainless Steel Fused Clapton Heating Wire
2*28/38 AWG / 2*0.32mm/0.1mm dia. / 1.61ohm/ft / 10ft

It's the best setup I've had from this little RDA, I also added more wick length to prevent some of the oversquonking issues.

I have a load of new SS316L wires and tried them but this ones been consistent and very easy to wrap by hand.

So far I have upgraded the following from either Ni80 flaptons or 24AWG SS316L and all have improved
Recurve 6 Wraps 0.42 ohms
Pulse 22 5 wraps (though I think 4 wraps will improve it)
Pulse 24 6 wraps 0.42 ohms
Wasp Nano 4 wraps 0.30 ohms
Coral V2 6 Wraps 0.42 ohms

I thought I would share my findings if anyone's struggling to find a good setup.

Open to suggestions if you have found better but it's my favourite wire so far and I've tried a LOT.

After my success with the Recurve I tried the same wire on the Wasp Nano but this time just 4 wraps plus legs 3mm Dia to achieve 0.30 ohms.

Again works a treat in TC mode squonks and on mechs such as the Pulse and Athena

Again using this wire:

It's the best setup I've had from this little RDA, I also added more wick length to prevent some of the oversquonking issues.

I have a load of new SS316L wires and tried them but this ones been consistent and very easy to wrap by hand.

So far I have upgraded the following from either Ni80 flaptons or 24AWG SS316L and all have improved

I thought I would share my findings if anyone's struggling to find a good setup.

Open to suggestions if you have found better but it's my favourite wire so far and I've tried a LOT.
I was away to start looking for decent 316 wire so will stick some of that on my next FT order.

I was away to start looking for decent 316 wire so will stick some of that on my next FT order.

I've shoved another 3 spools into my FT basket, I bought a few new wires but none have impressed me as much as this, plus it's great for spaced coils, and lower temp vape without loosing flavour = brucey bonus

I've shoved another 3 spools into my FT basket, I bought a few new wires but none have impressed me as much as this, plus it's great for spaced coils, and lower temp vape without loosing flavour = brucey bonus
I'm probably going to order the Steam Crave Glaz, so a couple of 7 or 8 wraps should fit nicely on the big deck.

I've only tried it on single coil setups so far, I'm going to try it in an RTA next, not sure how it will perform on a dual build, time will tell.

A tip when looking for claptons etc, ensure the core size is 10 bigger than the wrap. IE 28awg core - 38awg wrap. If the wrap is too close in size to the core it will take longer to ramp up & cool down. This is one of the reasons SS fancy coils can be a pain especially in TC.

Again using this wire:

Ordered a wasp nano and the wire you've recommended hopefully get some good results too I'll keep you posted!

Ordered a wasp nano and the wire you've recommended hopefully get some good results too I'll keep you posted!
Wasp is the best thing you can get for the money. Can be a bit like a whistle sometimes and a little to airey but for a few quid its a winner

Back
Top Bottom