What's new

What build do you have in your Boro?

20221206_185753-jpg.301026

I got the new Kylin M boro yesterday and have been using it as my main tank ever since, so here's a mini review...

You get loads of stuff in the box (spare plastic tank, tools, o-rings, 4 mesh strips etc) and build quality is excellent. Feels solid and well made, and I've definitely paid more for things that feel cheaper.

If you've used a mesh tank before then you'll find building and wicking super easy, however wicking it is a little bit different but like most things once you figure it out it's easy to replicate. As it's gravity fed there are no juice wells and the deck is spun round 90° to align the cotton with the juice holes in the tank above. I was too excited to try it to take any build photos but if you check out the build part of Mike Vapes video that's basically how I did it...

First attempt I did use slightly too much cotton and got an ever so slight whisper of a dry hit so I opened it up, gave it a trim and it's been working perfectly since. Lots of nice bubbles showing it's wicking well.

I do like a slightly cooler vape and never normally feel the need to vape above 40-45W on my mesh tanks but as the cotton is constantly being fed liquid from above you can push the Kylin a bit higher without risking dry hits (with the wicking sorted!) or it feeling too warm. With no airflow insert and solid panels fitted I'm finding 50W is ideal for me, but it could definitely go higher without any issues. The two airflow inserts work well too, restricting the draw quite nicely... although if you like things on the tighter side of RDL you might not get on too well with it. Again, I think anyone used to other mesh tanks will be more than happy with the range of airflow it provides, either open or with one of the insterts fitted.

As for flavour, I've put around 30ml of Supergood Butter 02 through it so far and it's very, very good. Nice and saturated with all the different notes clearly there. Comparing the flavour provided by other mesh tanks I'd say it's probably just ahead of the Kylin M Pro RTA, on par with the Ocra Ponte boro RDTA and just behind the Profile Unity - but only just. Not like for like I know, but I use the same 0.13ohm KA1 OFRF mesh strips and WoToFo 6mm cotton in all of them so I still feel it's a fair comparison.

The Ponte does beat it in terms of capacity, but if I could only use one I'd be more inclined to go with the Kylin as it doesn't give me random connection issues and it also has better airflow if you don't want to use panels with cut outs. Luckily I have 3 Pulse AIOs so both the Kylin and Ponte can co-exist in my rotation quite nicely together.

Another good point worth mentioning is I've had no noticeable build up of condensation, which is always a bonus with these things.

I've ordered some WoToFo Clapton S mesh so will be trying that in it soon.

So, if you like boro tanks and you like mesh then I'd definitely recommend it.

Last edited:
20221206_185753-jpg.301026

I got the new Kylin M boro yesterday and have been using it as my main tank ever since, so here's a mini review...

You get loads of stuff in the box (spare plastic tank, tools, o-rings, 4 mesh strips etc) and build quality is excellent. Feels solid and well made, and I've definitely paid more for things that feel cheaper.

If you've used a mesh tank before then you'll find building and wicking super easy, however wicking it is a little bit different but like most things once you figure it out it's easy to replicate. As it's gravity fed there are no juice wells and the deck is spun round 90° to align the cotton with the juice holes in the tank above. I was too excited to try it to take any build photos but if you check out the build part of Mike Vapes video that's basically how I did it...

First attempt I did use slightly too much cotton and got an ever so slight whisper of a dry hit so I opened it up, gave it a trim and it's been working perfectly since. Lots of nice bubbles showing it's wicking well.

I do like a slightly cooler vape and never normally feel the need to vape above 40-45W on my mesh tanks but as the cotton is constantly being fed liquid from above you can push the Kylin a bit higher without risking dry hits (with the wicking sorted!) or it feeling too warm. With no airflow insert and solid panels fitted I'm finding 50W is ideal for me, but it could definitely go higher without any issues. The two airflow inserts work well too, restricting the draw quite nicely... although if you like things on the tighter side of RDL you might not get on too well with it. Again, I think anyone used to other mesh tanks will be more than happy with the range of airflow it provides, either open or with one of the insterts fitted.

As for flavour, I've put around 30ml of Supergood Butter 02 through it so far and it's very, very good. Nice and saturated with all the different notes clearly there. Comparing the flavour provided by other mesh tanks I'd say it's probably just ahead of the Kylin M Pro RTA, on par with the Ocra Ponte boro RDTA and just behind the Profile Unity - but only just. Not like for like I know, but I use the same 0.13ohm KA1 OFRF mesh strips and WoToFo 6mm cotton in all of them so I still feel it's a fair comparison.

The Ponte does beat it in terms of capacity, but if I could only use one I'd be more inclined to go with the Kylin as it doesn't give me random connection issues and it also has better airflow if you don't want to use panels with cut outs. Luckily I have 3 Pulse AIOs so both the Kylin and Ponte can co-exist in my rotation quite nicely together.

Another good point worth mentioning is I've had no noticeable build up of condensation, which is always a bonus with these things.

I've ordered some WoToFo Clapton S mesh so will be trying that in it soon.

So, if you like boro tanks and you like mesh then I'd definitely recommend it.

I really enjoyed reading that mate. I don't DTL/RDL too often but I did get this on release day and have to say I agree with everything you say. My first experience of using a mesh rebuildable and I used Mike's video as a guide also and have not ran into a single problem using mine. Dry as a bone too and gives really good flavour. Nice review and nice RBA! As you say capacity is a little bit of a con but I'd rather be filling it up than mopping it up! Update us when you try the other mesh please

I really enjoyed reading that mate. I don't DTL/RDL too often but I did get this on release day and have to say I agree with everything you say. My first experience of using a mesh rebuildable and I used Mike's video as a guide also and have not ran into a single problem using mine. Dry as a bone too and gives really good flavour. Nice review and nice RBA! As you say capacity is a little bit of a con but I'd rather be filling it up than mopping it up! Update us when you try the other mesh please

Thank you mate! Glad to hear you're getting on well with yours too ;)

Hopefully the Clapton mesh will be with me soon.

After a month of faffing about found my sweet spot to try to move from DTL to MTL. Took forever to get a mild enough throat hit for my over-sensitive throat.

RM Vapourstore 2.5mm 0.8ohm fused nichrome MTL clapton in Ether boro (Toxic Edition) in the Cthulhu AIO. 23w with DIY strawberry apple 80%vg, 6mg salts.

Just wished I could find a black hybrid tip or raised 510 nut that works on the Cthulhu. None of the billet box compatible ones I have tried works not even the Cthulhu hybrid, only the one that came with it. Even a black flush nut or a less ugly narrow bore drip tip that could cover the silver one would do.

Edit: The Cthulhu hybrid tips almost work (+0.1 to +0.2 ohm resistance compared to supplied flush nut) but I hate the shape.

cm-ether.jpg

Last edited:
After a month of faffing about found my sweet spot to try to move from DTL to MTL. Took forever to get a mild enough throat hit for my over-sensitive throat.

RM Vapourstore 2.5mm 0.8ohm fused nichrome MTL clapton in Ether boro (Toxic Edition) in the Cthulhu AIO. 23w with DIY strawberry apple 80%vg, 6mg salts.

Just wished I could find a black hybrid tip or raised 510 nut that works on the Cthulhu. None of the billet box compatible ones I have tried works not even the Cthulhu hybrid, only the one that came with it. Even a black flush nut or a less ugly narrow bore drip tip that could cover the silver one would do.

Edit: The Cthulhu hybrid tips almost work (+0.1 to +0.2 ohm resistance compared to supplied flush nut) but I hate the shape.

cm-ether.jpg
The one that you get with the bridg'd v2 works best that I've found

Mission ones don't and neither does any of the sxk flushknuts I've had.

They all function but like you said give inconsistent resistance readings.

That cthulhu setup with the toxic ether is sleek as fuck well done.

What's the mtl performance like on the ether?

@wraith

The hellvape vertex rta drip tip will cover the stock flush nut and the one from the unicorn mods nevermore almost does

20221208_205741.jpg

The one that you get with the bridg'd v2 works best that I've found

Mission ones don't and neither does any of the sxk flushknuts I've had.

They all function but like you said give inconsistent resistance readings.

That cthulhu setup with the toxic ether is sleek as fuck well done.

What's the mtl performance like on the ether?

Thanks, the Toxic Ether does look made for a black one.

I'm new to MTL (sort of, as soon as DTL was invented I switched) and doing it with what is more of an RDTL set up with new juice so not really qualified to make a judgement. That said it should be good with the smaller airflow pins. "Good rubber-banding" according to one review.

Back
Top Bottom