What's new

What did your Postie bring you today? - VAPE MAIL!

583474E8-3C0D-48B4-9D51-2BA2A6CD921D.jpeg
Got my Smok Nord yesterday..it’s not bad as it goes using the 1.4ohm regular coil..
Vapes very well with good vapour and flavour..the draw for mtl is just about perfect on the regular coil..I tried the ceramic and mesh but it was mega open draw impossible to mtl using theses coils..
Overall it’s a keeper..nice size and quite light and decent battery so I’m going to use it when I leave the house as my pocket type mod.

And for the 2nd time today...finally that 'other' thing i recieved a week or so ago (yes, i know this thread says 'today' - but spent a week or so playing around with it first!), on the same day i received the Smok Guardian 40 watt reg epipe. This item was sent to you know who some weeks ago..to see what he could do with it. The donor pipe had been in the family for nigh on 50+ years unused, and i'd been meaning to get it converted ever since i took up vaping, so sent the bowl to the man who can...who? Yep him...@vapesmarter
Thanks Stu! :)2:worship::woot::yourock::thankyou::worship:

I doubt if anybody can remember one year ago..when i first joined, but i've had this unfired hand made pipe that some friend of me old man made for him in the 1960s, knocking around. Made out of an offcut from a cherry tree...it originally looked like this (with the Kamry K1000 plus for comparison):

DSCF2333.JPG

DSCF2338.JPG
DSCF2339.JPG
DSCF2340.JPG

The stem was useless (essentially a hollowed out twig!) so i sent the bowl to Stu, to see what he could do with it..and with a stem (and currently the Nauty 2 tank) on it - this is what it now looks like (PS apologies for the crap photos...i can never quite hold the damned camera still enough, so they do come out slightly blurry alas!):

DSCF2510.JPG

DSCF2512.JPG

DSCF2513.JPG
DSCF2514.JPG

And it looks a damn sight better without all that 50 year old layers of varnish on it now. Simple, understated, but with it's own charm & after 50 years of languishing in some dusty old cupboard... it is now finally being used at long last!

It's 18350 mech, the bowl wasn't quite deep enough to take a 18650, but that's just fine, the new Exocell 10 amp 18350s, last long enough for my purposes.

Currently trying out different tanks & coil resistances to see what works best in it, but i've already decided a MTL tank with a sub 0.7 ohm coil or build in it would suit it, me thinks. 1.0 ohm wasn't cutting it enough. The Nautilus 2 tank doesn't look too bad on it, and with the 0.7 ohm coil, it performs reasonably well. The 510 fitting can take upto a 24 mm tank, so currently looking around to see what'll go with it, be it a stock tank or a leak free RTA. I have a Siren 2 RTA, which i've just started using, but as lovely as it performs, it keeps bloody leaking all the time, no matter what i do to it!

The provided stem is okay, but might get some other ones soon, as the 510 fitting on this is a little short, so does come off a little too easily, alas. But it does draw very nicely.

Finally...that wee treasure chest it came in...so cuuuuuuute! :10:

So there it is..finally revealed! I love how the grain of the wood has now been fully revealed, as it somewhat concealed under ancient layers of varnish before...it's understated looks...and holds nicely in my palm.

I love it..thank you Stu! :love: And the wee cute treasure chest it arrived in, is adorable too!

Last edited:
Todays vape mail is:
My Wismec Reulaux RX 200 which i won in top ape @joe clay giveaway and kindly donated by another top ape @Michael jackson + the add bonus by the man himself @joe clay 60mls of Ruthless Gold ( thank you so much mate it was very kind of you to add this ) also not tried this one yet so looking forward to that.........
Thank you again @joe clay and @Michael jackson you are both top apes.........

Todays vape mail is:
My Wismec Reulaux RX 200 which i won ally in top ape @joe clay giveaway and kindly donated by another top ape @Michael jackson + the add bonus by the man himself @joe clay 60mls of Ruthless Gold ( thank you so much mate it was very kind of you to add this ) also not tried this one yet so looking forward to that.........
Thank you again @joe clay and @Michael jackson you are both top apes.........

Big well done mate it's really nice to win something, i've had the RX 200 quite a while and it's never missed a beat, atb.

Back
Top Bottom