What's new

What did your Postie bring you today? - VAPE MAIL!

Just had tools arrive for building coils. Just gotta wait for my RDA to arrive now... who knows when that will be...

Not had much in the post the past few days, am getting withdrawal symptoms from not opening anything :(

Same here i'm saving my dosh till this lot is done and dusted then if I get through it i'll have a good splash out, I have a plan but will reveal later.

I tried to resist any boredom purchasing, but I had one moment of weakness [emoji57] I was on the hunt for the elusive Asgard Mini, but decided on the Suicide Mods Nightmare as a stop gap. Needed some more cotton, plus some .16 mesh coils for the Profile 1.5.

That's it for now [emoji57]
IMG_20200406_130002.jpg

Same here i'm saving my dosh till this lot is done and dusted then if I get through it i'll have a good splash out, I have a plan but will reveal later.

Got a Modefined Lyra 200 watt box mod on it's way but no idea when it will arrive, like most things it's a waiting game. And to be totally and brutally honest I hate waiting, can't see anyone being as impatient as me lol.

Got a Modefined Lyra 200 watt box mod on it's way but no idea when it will arrive, like most things it's a waiting game. And to be totally and brutally honest I hate waiting, can't see anyone being as impatient as me lol.
You are not alone there mate iam the same :D

start prepping coils for your imminent arrival? no pressure so u can just have fun with it..

I was thinking that. But how do I test the resistance? I have an ohm reader but with a 510 connector. Is the outside negative and inside positive?

I was thinking that. But how do I test the resistance? I have an ohm reader but with a 510 connector. Is the outside negative and inside positive?
dont worry about that aspect, if you can coil 2x coils with the same number of wraps and the same diameter they will be of equal resistance (assuming u use the same wire..) just gain the confidence and practice you need to wrap consistent coils and when you pop them in an atty and test you will be smilling im sure..

dont worry about that aspect, if you can coil 2x coils with the same number of wraps and the same diameter they will be of equal resistance (assuming u use the same wire..) just gain the confidence and practice you need to wrap consistent coils and when you pop them in an atty and test you will be smilling im sure..

Awesome! So I just did these two... yes I trimmed the legs different legs, and probably can't use them as I may have trimmed them too short, but only took me like 5 mins to do these 2! Thoughts?

P.s they should be .4 ohms each with a total build of .2 ohms, as that is what I want to vape (I think) currently vaping between .15 and .25

Attachments

• 20200406_183652.jpg
    20200406_183652.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 169
looks good to me .. leave a good inch of leg though, wire is cheap enough and you can always trim off legs while adding length back isnt so easy

find an online coil tool that suits you, like https://www.steam-engine.org/coil to guide you and you should be fine..

Fitting can be a pain depending on the deck but using your form (screwdriver) to hold the coil in position will give you a clue how to bend the legs to fit the deck, fit one and use the form to move the coil into position and then bend the 2nd leg to fit,

Once the coil is in place and secured Then clip off any extra leg, tho sometimes you can just bend them out of the way ..

imho its one of those things that confidence to attack it is probably the major hurdle..

when burning the coils in to check for an even heat up if not perfect just strum the coils, (drag a metal tool over the coils) just do it a few times I have no idea why but it simply works and after a few strums your coils will glow evenly when fired.. and if not keep strumming till they do..

Back
Top Bottom