What's new

When does a competition become an advertising campaign? And is that okay?

Mr Ripple

Legend
I can understand running a competition and gaining a bit of airtime and potential buyer footfall as a reward but this one seems to be a full blown advertising campaign masquerading as a competition.

It's being run on ticktock, Facebook, and Instagram, for 4 months so technically not on here either but they will be getting 4 months of advertising on here.
The members on here that enter without other social media plugging don't stand a chance either by the looks of it.

120 winners, $5250 Prizes - Check details!

I shouldn't be that bothered tbh as i rarely enter competitions but this one strikes me a pushing the lines of advertising........

Maybe I'm just being a groucho?

All promotions are advertisements, all meant to create more footfall on websites. What really makes my piss boil is comps needing folks to be on social media.
Obvious cons like buy 1 get one free, buy a mod get free cotton, not buy a mod get one free. Sale 25% off but they alter the price to make it more expensive to cover the 25% off.

When I read the first post I got an instant brain ache, and immediately fooked off out of it.

Any illegal, violent, immoral, and obscene posts will not be counted as effective participation.
Any posts suspected of insulting the brand will not be counted as effective participation.

:hmm:

ha, I didn't see this until I clicked the link because I have them on ignore. I guess I already had them pegged as annoying. :D

Hmmm. I don't like this sort of comp, but I just ignore it.

Chinese vendors do it

Follow us on this, follow us on that, share this, share that, do it more times for more chances to win

It's free advertising more or less as all it costs them is a couple of $30 atties

I'm fine with it, just don't bother with them

Chinese vendors do it

Follow us on this, follow us on that, share this, share that, do it more times for more chances to win

It's free advertising more or less as all it costs them is a couple of $30 atties

I'm fine with it, just don't bother with them

UK vandors do it too, it's free advertizing at it's best. I get the feeling some vendors think they are being clever but do they not know not all vapers fall for the marketing tricks,business spiel and hiding behind company policies crap because otherwise they would have to agree with you. The same as not all male vapers are Hipsters, yet every vape ad has some bloke with a beard and glasses. The criticism we have pointed out in the thread, from me it's a tip for the vendor, of what not to do because most on here will call them out. The only way to make a difference is talking about things, of course you can read and ignore but if everyone did that nothing would ever get done and the moaning continues.

UK vandors do it too, it's free advertizing at it's best. I get the feeling some vendors think they are being clever but do they not know not all vapers fall for the marketing tricks,business spiel and hiding behind company policies crap because otherwise they would have to agree with you. The same as not all male vapers are Hipsters, yet every vape ad has some bloke with a beard and glasses. The criticism we have pointed out in the thread, from me it's a tip for the vendor, of what not to do because most on here will call them out. The only way to make a difference is talking about things, of course you can read and ignore but if everyone did that nothing would ever get done and the moaning continues.

Some vapers & probably people in general are complete sheep. I follow Hellvape, Vandy Vape, Geekavpe & that on FB & whenever they post a new product they all bleat. Likes, hearts, "I want" "I like" " I need" It's these that completely fall for it

Free is not free if you have to work for it. A competition would imply that you need to compete. If you don't want it, don't enter and don't promote it.

Back
Top Bottom