What's new

Where are all the 21700 mods?

If they dumped the hideous snow wolf logo it would probably be a decent mod, unfortunately they haven't bothered listing the weight. My old iJoy Capo S (the non squonk version) is a decent single 21700 beater that is still alive and kicking after 4 years, unfortunately its made out of pig iron and heavy af.

If they dumped the hideous snow wolf logo it would probably be a decent mod, unfortunately they haven't bothered listing the weight. My old iJoy Capo S (the non squonk version) is a decent single 21700 beater that is still alive and kicking after 4 years, unfortunately its made out of pig iron and heavy af.

I remember the Capo 100 - didn't know they had a non-squonk 'S' . I couldn't go for the looks though, that weird polygonal screen triggered my OCD

I remember the Capo 100 - didn't know they had a non-squonk 'S' . I couldn't go for the looks though, that weird polygonal screen triggered my OCD

The S was the same size as the squonk version but had the screen and menu style of the Captain mod, fortunately in a standard layout. It was pretty good 21700 100W mod (with a boost circuit so it actually performed well). Unfortunately the squonk got all the attention at the time and the S seemed to slip under the radar. There's not really anything to recommend it by todays standards though, but it was good for 2017, if you like heavy...

The S was the same size as the squonk version but had the screen and menu style of the Captain mod, fortunately in a standard layout. It was pretty good 21700 100W mod (with a boost circuit so it actually performed well). Unfortunately the squonk got all the attention at the time and the S seemed to slip under the radar. There's not really anything to recommend it by todays standards though, but it was good for 2017, if you like heavy...

Can't recall that one at all, definitely under the radar. Wish I'd seen that one.
I have tried to swerve heavy Mods for an EDC 21700, many seem to be clunkers.

i had hoped Vaporesso would follow up the Swag2 with a 21700 version, but they went Pod instead and I think the Forz was an 18650.

I've been trying to see a Hellvape Arez in the flesh. By all accounts it's about 50g lighter than an Armour Pro and a touch shorter but deeper.

It seems to have some major issues though, by all accounts. Power delivery problems, wattage only, flush screw battery door, bottom charging etc - the Drag X wasn't much better on the weedy power handling I'm lead to believe.

Seems the Foxy is about all that has really garnered interest recently (for a useable edc 21700) I can't really believe the best single 21700 is still away back with the Armour Pro (IMHO)

There was the ummm OBS Engine, Smok Fortis, the Hyperion DNA.
Actually quite a few and all cloned designs ('Rugged and/or Leatherette wrap) - even the Aspire Deco is just a Cold Steel and the Grus is s nice looking, but something a relatively fit ninja could hurl through an oak door.

Whay else? The Odin, sure but it's a bit boxy... the Uwell Whirl - blech!
I did pick up an el-cheapo Hotcig G100 for the missus (she likes the hand-feel ooerrr!) it's no great shakes though.

I, think they've all just kinda given up on 21700's tbh - or I'm hard to please.

Of all that I've seen, the Foxy is about all I'd consider laying money down for (although I did also pony up for a Paramour SBS recently on the cheap - because 'cheap!' )

But I still find myself reaching for other mods to walk out the door with for some reason - sure the Paramour is small, but there's something not very ergonomic about it.

Oh well, the search goes on...

Last edited:
I, think they've all just kinda given up on 21700's tbh.

I think there's probably some truth to this... although we never saw that many in the first place (compared to 18650 anyway) I don't think there was any chance that they would become a new standard size for vaping. The higher amp ratings are great for low building on mechs but I feel there limited advantages using them in regulated mods.

I do wonder if they'll just go the way of 26650's eventually?

Can't recall that one at all, definitely under the radar. Wish I'd seen that one.
I have tried to swerve heavy Mods for an EDC 21700, many seem to be clunkers.

i had hoped Vaporesso would follow up the Swag2 with a 21700 version, but they went Pod instead and I think the Forz was an 18650.

I've been trying to see a Hellvape Arez in the flesh. By all accounts it's about 50g lighter than an Armour Pro and a touch shorter but deeper.

It seems to have some major issues though, by all accounts. Power delivery problems, wattage only, flush screw battery door, bottom charging etc - the Drag X wasn't much better on the weedy power handling I'm lead to believe.

Seems the Foxy is about all that has really garnered interest recently (for a useable edc 21700) I can't really believe the best single 21700 is still away back with the Armour Pro (IMHO)

There was the ummm OBS Engine, Smok Fortis, the Hyperion DNA.
Actually quite a few and all cloned designs ('Rugged and/or Leatherette wrap) - even the Aspire Deco is just a Cold Steel and the Grus is s nice looking, but something a relatively fit ninja could hurl through an oak door.

Whay else? The Odin, sure but it's a bit boxy... the Uwell Whirl - blech!
I did pick up an el-cheapo Hotcig G100 for the missus (she likes the hand-feel ooerrr!) it's no great shakes though.

I, think they've all just kinda given up on 21700's tbh - or I'm hard to please.

Of all that I've seen, the Foxy is about all I'd consider laying money down for (although I did also pony up for a Paramour SBS recently on the cheap - because 'cheap!' )

But I still find myself reaching for other mods to walk out the door with for some reason - sure the Paramour is small, but there's something not very ergonomic about it.

Oh well, the search goes on...

I know what you mean - I have the Grus, Aspire Deco, Cold Steel 100, Asmodus Amighty and Aegis Max - all decent mods, but all heavy af with a battery and tank

The Odin 100 isn't too bad compared to the others but I don't have much confidence in the battery door - one drop outdoors and I think it will be history.

My favourite pocket friendly 21700 mod is the Vaptio Vex at about 75 grams. Unfortunately it looks, feels (and is) really cheap and made from aluminium and plastic - it is variable wattage only and the only thing on the screen is the wattage and battery display, but its lighter, and smaller than any 21700 mod I've seen, and many 18650 mods. Its a bit of a cheap and nasty special, but it is as good as any of the others in wattage and a good sacrificial outdoor mod

Whatever you do don't bother with the Hellvape Arez - it IS small and light, but everything else about it is bad. Their struggle to make it smaller has compromised the 510 travel - many tanks will gap, the fire button is intermittent unless you thumb fire in exactly the right spot and it needs a firm press, the screw in battery cap has nasty threads - the mod case is made from soft aluminium so its VERY easy to get it wrong (I have loads of screw cap type mods and the Arez is the worst I own). The wattage setting is simply a lie - it is weaker at any setting than any of my other 21700 mods. And mine suffers from chronic parasitic battery drain, leaving a battery in it for more than a few days will end in tears - this started happening after about 2 weeks use, it was fine at first but I think the board is on the way out already. I was given mine by a POTV member who had owned it for a few days but didn't like it - he was right it's an awful mod.

My Odin rarely leaves the house as I worry about the battery door too. It's a great mod otherwise though.

I see Lost Vape have a new 21700/20700/18650 mod coming out soon, the Cyborg Quest:

Lost-Vape-Cyborg-Quest-3.jpg

I'm not a fan of how top heavy it looks tbh, seems they've taken a leaf out of Ehpro's book and went for the golf club bag look.

I know what you mean - I have the Grus, Aspire Deco, Cold Steel 100, Asmodus Amighty and Aegis Max - all decent mods, but all heavy af with a battery and tank

The Odin 100 isn't too bad compared to the others but I don't have much confidence in the battery door - one drop outdoors and I think it will be history.

My favourite pocket friendly 21700 mod is the Vaptio Vex at about 75 grams. Unfortunately it looks, feels (and is) really cheap and made from aluminium and plastic - it is variable wattage only and the only thing on the screen is the wattage and battery display, but its lighter, and smaller than any 21700 mod I've seen, and many 18650 mods. Its a bit of a cheap and nasty special, but it is as good as any of the others in wattage and a good sacrificial outdoor mod

Whatever you do don't bother with the Hellvape Arez - it IS small and light, but everything else about it is bad. Their struggle to make it smaller has compromised the 510 travel - many tanks will gap, the fire button is intermittent unless you thumb fire in exactly the right spot and it needs a firm press, the screw in battery cap has nasty threads - the mod case is made from soft aluminium so its VERY easy to get it wrong (I have loads of screw cap type mods and the Arez is the worst I own). The wattage setting is simply a lie - it is weaker at any setting than any of my other 21700 mods. And mine suffers from chronic parasitic battery drain, leaving a battery in it for more than a few days will end in tears - this started happening after about 2 weeks use, it was fine at first but I think the board is on the way out already. I was given mine by a POTV member who had owned it for a few days but didn't like it - he was right it's an awful mod.

I heard rumours about the Arez but wasn't sure... well that'll be a pass then!
I might have a look at the Vaptii if I find it on a cheapo.

The thing I'm finding with mods is much like they say about a knife : 'the best knife is the one you have on you'

Form over function seems to have won out with 21700 Mods. You have to pick one up on the way out the door and carry it in your pocket and use it all day
Vanishingly few lend themselves to that.
If they are lightweight, they are not robust, if they are robust....

The latest craze is/was 'rugged' and waterproof - blame the Aegis sales for that.

Back
Top Bottom