What's new

Where are all the 21700 mods?

Hyperion is my go to mod, yes it is a bit chunky, but still smaller than the dual battery 18650 mods I was using. Going through 2 M P42A's a day instead of 4 VTC6's.
Smok Fortis was nice enough, fairly light, but only Watt mode. Doesn't compare to the LV chips.
Grus is a great device, but like someone else said, it's going to hurt if thrown at something, boy is it heavy. Still like it.

Saw the pre-release bumf from LV re: the new Cyborg. I was really hoping for a mod in the Hyperion vein without all the IP68 overload. Perhaps something like the Thelema body/design with a C Frame, just single battery. That daft shape they made it is awful, IMO. Disappointing. Will likely pick one up.

21700's are what I will be using, they are great batteries, especially the P42A's.

well good news - my hyperion has arrived today - not looked at it yet, but about to. Yay.
Make sure you get the latest Escribe and update to the newest firmware on it, and back up the settings before doing too much :)
There is an issue with the factory installed firmware that causes the mod to reduce the power when the screen is off. Weak puff as they called it on the Escribe forums.

Enjoy!

Make sure you get the latest Escribe and update to the newest firmware on it, and back up the settings before doing too much :)
There is an issue with the factory installed firmware that causes the mod to reduce the power when the screen is off. Weak puff as they called it on the Escribe forums.

Enjoy!

Many thanks for the tips - noted, and will follow.:)

Just unpacked and tried my Hyperion - well impressed. Connected with the software no problem, and set the time and date automatically, and told me there was an update, all applied, no fuss.
I have has a little vape on it with the tank I was using on my aegis, and for some strange reason this mod seems to be giving more flavour -
I presume this is down to more accurate temp control or whatever - but I am certainly not complaining.

Sorry for the ramble. How does boost mode work? Suppose I should read the manual. Lol.

Just unpacked and tried my Hyperion - well impressed. Connected with the software no problem, and set the time and date automatically, and told me there was an update, all applied, no fuss.
I have has a little vape on it with the tank I was using on my aegis, and for some strange reason this mod seems to be giving more flavour -
I presume this is down to more accurate temp control or whatever - but I am certainly not complaining.

Sorry for the ramble. How does boost mode work? Suppose I should read the manual. Lol.
I felt the same way re: performance. If I use TC mode on it, and then dial in the same settings on a Grus, it is nowhere near the same, I have to bump up the wattage. But DNA mods are well know for being excellent at TC.
Boost, well it's supposed to push up the initial wattage until the coil heats up. I don't use it, just plain wattage mode with no boost.

Yeah, I had to look at the Evolv forums to try and figure out some stuff. For the most part I use it as is. I loaded the Lost Vape theme, works quite well.

https://lostvape.com/lost-vape-customized-dna-themes/

Enjoy!

I felt the same way re: performance. If I use TC mode on it, and then dial in the same settings on a Grus, it is nowhere near the same, I have to bump up the wattage. But DNA mods are well know for being excellent at TC.
Boost, well it's supposed to push up the initial wattage until the coil heats up. I don't use it, just plain wattage mode with no boost.

Yeah, I had to look at the Evolv forums to try and figure out some stuff. For the most part I use it as is. I loaded the Lost Vape theme, works quite well.

https://lostvape.com/lost-vape-customized-dna-themes/

Enjoy!

Cheers buddy - have downloaded a couple of themes - will look in the forum as well.

My Odin rarely leaves the house as I worry about the battery door too. It's a great mod otherwise though.

I see Lost Vape have a new 21700/20700/18650 mod coming out soon, the Cyborg Quest:

Lost-Vape-Cyborg-Quest-3.jpg

I'm not a fan of how top heavy it looks tbh, seems they've taken a leaf out of Ehpro's book and went for the golf club bag look.

Perhaps they will bring out a little trolley to wheel about on?

Any reviewers out there or anyone involved in the industry, if you happen to get vape stuff earlier, I'd be curious to know how the Lost Vape Cyborg compares to the Aegis Max in terms of size. The Aegis Max weight is 145 or 143 grams, if you google it. The Cyborg mod is 120 grams according to some sites, with the whole kit weighing 193 grams. Just wondering if that's accurate.

If you want to see exactly what's happening when you use boost mode, open the 'device monitor' section, untick everything that isn't useful then take a draw as you normally would and you'll be able to see exactly what it's doing.

It's useful for seeing what's happening with the TC too, it really helped me understand what it was doing and get it adjusted perfectly for me.

Back
Top Bottom