What's new

Which to choose Xtar VP4 or VC4SL [also known as VC4 plus]

I picked up a pukka xtar 3A, new, for £3.99 when I bough the 4LS. Though not from the same vendor. And if you have a recent Samsung USBC phone, you’ll already have a 3A charger. Bundled with the phone.
Ironically I don’t charge at over .5A. As I’m happy to trade waiting a bit more, for batteries with a longer usable life.
But if need must, it’s handy to have. And I have used it

Always used VC4 & 4S chargers, never any problems with the micro charge cable, once in, its in, and stays in there because I don't move chargers about.
I think its all about not using all your battery down to nothing before charging, if you wan them to last I have been told to only use until just after half, then charge. But I just use them till device tells me they are done, then charge. New batts are not that much to replace anyway.

I picked up a pukka xtar 3A, new, for £3.99 when I bough the 4LS. Though not from the same vendor. And if you have a recent Samsung USBC phone, you’ll already have a 3A charger. Bundled with the phone.
Ironically I don’t charge at over .5A. As I’m happy to trade waiting a bit more, for batteries with a longer usable life.
But if need must, it’s handy to have. And I have used it.

Yep a phone plug charger will work but like you I wouldn't charge at 2A or above unless I needed to, usually charge my 18650s at 1A.

Last edited:
Yep a phone plug charger will work but like you I wouldn't charge at 2A or above unless I needed to, usually charge my 18650s at 1A.

If the mod allows it I turn the screen off
Sorry guy you’re wrong., on this, My A70 came with a USBC fast charger, almost three years ago. I think your confusing them with the old 2A items.
A Samsung USBC fast charger, is a 3A unit. And will charge at exactly the same rate as the Xtar OEM 3A item. So 1x3A 2x2A or 4x1A. And anyway.

Sorry guy you’re wrong., on this, My A70 came with a USBC fast charger, almost three years ago. I think your confusing them with the old 2A items.
A Samsung USBC fast charger, is a 3A unit. And will charge at exactly the same rate as the Xtar OEM 3A item. So 1x3A 2x2A or 4x1A. And anyway.

I was only commenting on using a phone charger plug and charging batteries at 2A or above so sorry I don't know what you think I'm wrong on.

Back
Top Bottom