What's new

Who's next?

For all their problems. The Blair Brown govs tended to seek the advice of the knowledgable. That has not been the case since dodgy Dave took office in 2010. And knowledge has been positively demonised from the May gov onwards.

Blair certainly sought the advice of american experts in private healthcare insurance, unum provident, when he introduced the work capability assessment in 2008.

upload_2020-3-31_13-46-53.jpeg

Blair certainly sought the advice of american experts in private healthcare insurance, unum provident, when he introduced the work capability assessment in 2008.
True dat. He took us into an illegal war too. which ultimately sealed his fate.
But they also came up with SureStart the National minimum wage, tax and child credits, and a whole raft of other social changes that experts, in those fields, had been calling for, for years.
I'm no fan of Blair. But he was a political giant compared to any PM since 2010. Which, admittedly, isn't a big pile to be on top of.

True dat. He took us into an illegal war too. which ultimately sealed his fate.
But they also came up with SureStart the National minimum wage, tax and child credits, and a whole raft of other social changes that experts, in those fields, had been calling for, for years.
I'm no fan of Blair. But he was a political giant compared to any PM since 2010. Which, admittedly, isn't a big pile to be on top of.

100% right.

As for the war, the Tories were up for it, as were many of the UK population at the time. The anti war\ stop the war coalition demo (which my wife, son in law and I attended) in my town was policed to protect the demonstrators from being attacked and abused, by the pro invasion lot, and there was plenty of them, not just the lager louts either.

So ,where are these people going. A big cave or somewhere not like the movies.

Back
Top Bottom