What's new

WHO's rationale for decision

It is actually quite an interesting report. The major concerns seem to be focused on the entry of the Tobacco giants in to the world of vaping. Which tbh I whole-heartedly agree with. The uptake of vaping by non-smokers who wouldn't have taken up smoking, which I don't really mind them discouraging though there is of course the question of free will. And further studies into the safety of vaping for those that choose to do so. However the mechanisms they are suggesting for implementing these aims seem preposterously draconian. The one bit that did make me smile was the suggestion that cigalikes should be banned as should the term e-cigarettes. Vapers we are and vapers we shall stay :D

I agree in terms of the tobacco industry, although with the kind of regulations that is coming is almost handing vaping to them on a plate ( as they will be alongside pharma the industries with the money to meet the requirements).
My concern through all of this is that defeat of the tobacco industry appears to be taking precedence over the health of the public, and that is just so... wrong.. :(

I found a line that isn't bollocks!!!

(b) ensure use of nicotine of pharmacological quality, when nicotine use is intended;

I don't agree with one second for the knee-jerk response to the introduction to the market of the tobacco industry. The fact that they are run, employ and co-opt Satan's very own spawn has piss all to do with the fact that vaping is hundreds of times safer than smoking.

The WHO should be about good science and not historical-based bigotry.

icsmVEJLBOkK6.jpeg

The ebola virus has claimed 1,500 lives,yet the WHO decided that it was okay to administer an experimental drug.The vaping devices we use could save millions of lives yet WHO have decided to ban their use as "we just don't know" This means (or should) that WHO has 2 choices,either fuck off & learn about them(plenty of scientific studies around)or they STFU and cease trying to scare-monger the introduction of draconian regulation!

@FromTheDarkness
To those wanting to know what they exhale;
Well by definition the process of vaporisation essentially changes the state of matter from solid or liquid into a gas and does not alter its chemical makeup.
SO in your juice you have PG/VG nic and flavourings
When you vaporise it it stays as that but changes state from liquid in a gas (vapour)
When you inhale it, some of the PG/VG and probably flavouring will stick to the inside of your lungs/ mouth, most if not all of the nic will be absorbed by the blood vessels in your lungs/ mouth.
So what you are exhaling is mainly PG/VG, a tiny amount of nic and some flavouring

Last edited:
The ebola virus has claimed 1,500 lives,yet the WHO decided that it was okay to administer an experimental drug.The vaping devices we use could save millions of lives yet WHO have decided to ban their use as "we just don't know" This means (or should) that WHO has 2 choices,either fuck off & learn about them(plenty of scientific studies around)or they STFU and cease trying to scare-monger the introduction of draconian regulation!

Ahh but they weren't asked to learn about them they were asked to come up with a rationale and recommendations for how they could be controlled and prevented.

Ahh but they weren't asked to learn about them they were asked to come up with a rationale and recommendations for how they could be controlled and prevented.

As WHO have about as much right to control the human race as my fucking dog,they should simply STFU until they have some legal right to spout this kind of tripe. :P

As WHO have about as much right to control the human race as my fucking dog,they should simply STFU until they have some legal right to spout this kind of tripe. :P

They don't have the right to do much of anything, their job is to produce recommendations when requested to do so by governments, and to promote improvements in World Health. They are not a regulatory body as far as I am aware, just an advisory one.

http://www.who.int/governance/eb/who_constitution_en.pdf

and they produce advice and recommendations in response to the requests sent to them by governments which makes the way that request is phrased rather pertinent :p

Back
Top Bottom