What's new

Why are so many people vaping non kanthal wire?

That’s fuck all to do with the eu, that’s capitalism that’s caused that!

I think it's supposed to be about reducing power consumption..... but that's clearly only consumer power consumption, not manufacturing.... so in a way I guess you are right.

Can’t you find one of these nice electrolux numbers anywhere? Maybe @Crewella could get hold of one for you?

Sladdvinda.jpg
Nothing sucks like an Electrolux! :P

On the subject of toast, don’t let the wires get too hot!

https://www.food.gov.uk/science/acrylamide-0

(Using phone so sorry if that’s not a proper link)

I personally prefer the ramp up of steel - kanthal seems to take too long to get to a good temp unless I whack the wattage right up.

In all seriousness though, while I see the logic in the unknowns behind vaping off a glowing metal coil, I don’t think the cotton or flavourings were designed with vaping in mind either - most of the flavourings are designed for eating aren’t they, rather than inhaling?

At this point I pay little heed to the possibly maybe abstract theory stuff. If they could have definitively proven that any part of vaping was actually doing any harm worth mentioning, it would have been done so by now given the vested interests in shutting vaping down.

So I play with wires for my own amusement, currently playing with nichrome for its fast ramp up. But still use ss for temp control and because it's what I'm used to.

I'm hand on heart more worried about what's in our food than what I'm inhaling. And if I was gonna worry about what I'm inhaling, I'd have to prioritise air pollution over vaping as something to worry about.

Think it's the 80/20 principle at work here. Not smoking is a huge palpable step in harm reduction, but I don't go down the rabbits hole over the smaller elements of vaping as safely as I possibly can. But fair play to those who do.

I think the biggest problem with all this stuff is very hard to test, someone could run tests on how I vape, a thin single wire at low power, a few ml's a day and say the toxic stuff is so minimal it's totally harmless, if you are vaping on a massive coil made of 8 strands and 3 different kinds of wire, heating it to double the temps I am and vaping continuously all day, then that's potentially going to be a different story.... or not, but the point is how can you test for everyone's vaping gear and styles? .... and you can't really say average it out, because if one thing is totally safe and the other very dangerous, you'll end up with 'fairly safe/fairly dangerous' which is no help to anyone is it?

Most vapers are ex smokers who did not manage to stop smoking till they discovered vaping.
Not people who base decisions on harm minimisation.
They might go for a bit of harm reduction if it is not too hard for them but will generally vape for max enjoyment rather than min risk often using the excuse that we smoked for years which is much worse than what we do now.

Why are so many people vaping flavours in their juice, flavours being a major source of potentially unknown risks?
Why are so many people vaping systems that use lots of juice rather than a little juice? Surely any risks with vaping must be increased the more we are doing it.

Mostly we vape what we vape because we like it.
Gotta disagree there. If I didn't vape I'd defo still be smoking. The flavours make the whole thing more distracting from smoking, and yes, more enjoyable. I never particularly liked the taste or overall experience of smoking. Not to mention the smell etc. But still I smoked. To me vaping is a smoking cessation aid.
But saying that it's only been a month since I quit so things could change lol

Gotta disagree there. If I didn't vape I'd defo still be smoking. The flavours make the whole thing more distracting from smoking, and yes, more enjoyable. I never particularly liked the taste or overall experience of smoking. Not to mention the smell etc. But still I smoked. To me vaping is a smoking cessation aid.
But saying that it's only been a month since I quit so things could change lol

Having read your post several times and reread mine several times, it sounds to me that you totally agree with me but if you gotta disagree then you gotta disagree.

Back
Top Bottom