What's new

Why would the Vaporesso Luxe X Pro support inhale-to-activate and the Luxe XR Max not ?

I'm very pleased with my new Luxe X [edit - the 'Pro'] and Luxe XR Max but find one thing curious - the former I can inhale to fire, but not the latter.

I had assumed that the mechanism that was detecting the inhale was in the venting part of the pod, maybe a little flappy valve thing that activates when it's being raised by my breath or some little windmill thing or whatever - and so imagined that Luxe X pods put in an XR would activate it just the same, but that's not the case.

Anyone know how the inhale is detected / works ? - I did manage to burn one of the ones I got with my Luxe X (didn't spot it had run out... stupid..) so I could take that one apart but I'm thinking the mechanism isn't in the removable pod now, but then how does it work ?

The vent in the mod/battery bit is just a straight hole through to the outside, can't see any gubbins in there which might be doing it, so that points at the pod/coil for the mechanism.

Either way, it's a shame for the XR Max not to have this feature as the Luxe X does, the breath detection seems flawless and I'd got used to leaving it locked all the time and just inhaling and handy as it's already locked for just dropping in my pocket. Now I have both devices, I need to be aware of which one I just picked up to vape it, or when I want to pocket it.

Last edited:
They bought out the X Pro to cover that gap. As far as auto-draw, I hear they sacrifice unicorns...

On checking to see if I'd missed an option, the Luxe X Pro is the one I have.

Luxe X Pro does auto draw. Or are you saying that you thought you had a Luxe X? The Luxe X don't have adjustable wattage, just change power based on the coil.

Luxe X Pro does auto draw. Or are you saying that you thought you had a Luxe X? The Luxe X don't have adjustable wattage, just change power based on the coil.
I have the Pro (and the Max), sorry for the confusion - have fixed the topic title - I didn't consider the fixed wattage model.

So the question is why can't, or doesn't the Max do auto-draw, what's the bit that's missing that makes it work on the Luxe X Pro ?

I have the Pro (and the Max), sorry for the confusion - have fixed the topic title - I didn't consider the fixed wattage model.

So the question is why can't, or doesn't the Max do auto-draw, what's the bit that's missing that makes it work on the Luxe X Pro ?

So, how does an auto-draw e-cigarette work?

Inside an auto-draw e-cigarette, there is an air sensor that is highly sensitive to any passing air. Consequently, when you draw on the e-cigarette, the sensor detects the movement of the air by means of a membrane and a microphone. Once the sensor detects the airflow, it automatically switches on the connection between the battery and the coil, so that the e-liquid that is drawn over the coil becomes vaporized and sucked into your mouth or lungs.

Once you stop drawing on the e-cigarette, the sensor detects that there is no more airflow and switches the e-cigarette off. The process is then repeated every time you draw on the e-cigarette

So, how does an auto-draw e-cigarette work?

Inside an auto-draw e-cigarette, there is an air sensor that is highly sensitive to any passing air. Consequently, when you draw on the e-cigarette, the sensor detects the movement of the air by means of a membrane and a microphone. Once the sensor detects the airflow, it automatically switches on the connection between the battery and the coil, so that the e-liquid that is drawn over the coil becomes vaporized and sucked into your mouth or lungs.

Once you stop drawing on the e-cigarette, the sensor detects that there is no more airflow and switches the e-cigarette off. The process is then repeated every time you draw on the e-cigarette
Great generic description - and interesting that (at least in some implementations) there's a microphone that detects a resonating membrane, nice) but it doesn't address my specific question, where is the mechanism in the Luxe X products and why doesn't the Max have one.

Ahhh... in the Luxe X Pro there's a tiny little nodule thing right next to the vent in the top of the mod, slightly offset from directly between the vent and the outermost contact - it's like a mushroom shaped thing a tad over 1mm diameter with 2 holes in the side, so inhaling would disturb the air in that - maybe that's where it is, especially since there's no mushroomish nodule on the Max.

It'd certainly make more sense it being in the mod rather than the replaceable pod bit, don't want to be throwing away that little assembly each time but I couldn't see how it could be in the mod, but that would make sense if it's the nodule next to the vent.

So... why would there not be one in the Max ? - could it be because it runs higher wattages, would that be a challenge for the [thing that makes the connection] somehow ? - I'm not an electronics chap.

...or, maybe it's just because 'serious vapers like to press a button' :):)

Last edited:
Great generic description - and interesting that (at least in some implementations) there's a microphone that detects a resonating membrane, nice) but it doesn't address my specific question, where is the mechanism in the Luxe X products and why doesn't the Max have one.

Ahhh... in the Luxe X Pro there's a tiny little nodule thing right next to the vent in the top of the mod, slightly offset from directly between the vent and the outermost contact - it's like a mushroom shaped thing a tad over 1mm diameter with 2 holes in the side, so inhaling would disturb the air in that - maybe that's where it is, especially since there's no mushroomish nodule on the Max.

It'd certainly make more sense it being in the mod rather than the replaceable pod bit, don't want to be throwing away that little assembly each time but I couldn't see how it could be in the mod, but that would make sense if it's the nodule next to the vent.

So... why would there not be one in the Max ? - could it be because it runs higher wattages, would that be a challenge for the [thing that makes the connection] somehow ? - I'm not an electronics chap.

...or, maybe it's just because 'serious vapers like to press a button' :):)

Fk knows man, try the XR Max pods in the Luxe Pro n see if they autodraw

Back
Top Bottom