What's new

Wicking FeV 4.5S+

Simebaby

Postman
Hi Guys
Struggling with my clone 4.5S+. First couple of attempts were spot on, but since then no matter how much or how little cotton I use, whether I put the tails on the floor of the deck or cut them short, and no matter what the coil height is, the deck floods to the point the liquid seeps into the air hole.
Any tips? Could be I've just got a bad clone. Liquid doesn't flow out of the wicking channels without cotton though,
Photo of latest incontinence:
IMG_1521.jpeg
That was a 'low cotton' build. The ones where I've absolutely packed it are the same. That's after a few mins. When it's bad the liquid pours over the edge of the base when I remove the top chamber.
TIA
Si

I may be wrong but looking at your photo it looks like the wick is not directly over the coil clamp screws, so the wick is not inline with the two fluid feed tubes, this may be the camera angle and I may be mistaken.
Been using my SXK clone with the wicks a little shorter than the pic with no probs at all for a couple of years.

I may be wrong but looking at your photo it looks like the wick is not directly over the coil clamp screws, so the wick is not inline with the two fluid feed tubes, this may be the camera angle and I may be mistaken.
Been using my SXK clone with the wicks a little shorter than the pic with no probs at all for a couple of years.

Think it's the camera angle as they are centred.Tried yesterday both with slightly shorter wick, and packing he base with cotton like the link @StrawberryRipple posted. Same on both, though it lasted longer with the packed deck. Could well be a dodgy clone though.
The cotton is always completely saturated, which I think is the issue. The cotton can't hold any more liquid so it pools in the base.

Have you got these two?

Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 12.15.22 pm.png

Without these you'll have all manner of floods.

When I wick mine I pack the cotton reasonably tight into a 3mm id coil then cut it slightly short of the deck width then fluff it out very gently and not thinning it out hardly at all if any, after using it for a bit if I pull the deck out I can see marks in the cotton where the juice pipes are pushing onto it.
Do you know the clone maker?

EDIT add

Have you checked the tank orings? I'm guessing an air leak could cause problems

Last edited:
Thanks all. @Rob yep I have the wicking inserts and they're installed. The tank doesn't drip juice when off the deck so they're doing something certainly.
@archiecat it's a nameless clone. Funnily enough a YFTK clone from 3fv dropped in the letterbox this morning. I've just built it and - so far - it seems better. Juice not pooling in the base of the deck at all, though I'll give it a couple of tanks to be sure.
One thing I did notice is the smallest air pin in the YFTK is quite a big bigger than the pin in the no-name (I run with one open AFC, one blanked), so not sure if it's related to that. I'll put a wider pin in the no-name later and see if that improves things any.

Thanks all. @Rob yep I have the wicking inserts and they're installed. The tank doesn't drip juice when off the deck so they're doing something certainly.
@archiecat it's a nameless clone. Funnily enough a YFTK clone from 3fv dropped in the letterbox this morning. I've just built it and - so far - it seems better. Juice not pooling in the base of the deck at all, though I'll give it a couple of tanks to be sure.
One thing I did notice is the smallest air pin in the YFTK is quite a big bigger than the pin in the no-name (I run with one open AFC, one blanked), so not sure if it's related to that. I'll put a wider pin in the no-name later and see if that improves things any.

I used to run the biggest airpins in mine when I had one and never had any problems like your having and mine was a no name aswell and I used to have the tails abit longer than yours just before the deck

Glad to hear you got one working ok,

I bought a no name clone of a Kylin m pro from Aliexpress that arrived a couple of days ago and its not very good, normally I go for Ulton, SXK or Shenray when buying clones and have been happy with their products.

Back
Top Bottom