What's new

Wicking FeV 4.5S+

So that actually made it worse. I'll put that down to experience :) might have a play at the weekend. The YFTK one is fine.

So broke the tank down completely, cleaned, replaced all o-rings with the spares supplied - and we're back in business. Wicking like a champ.

I’m hoping the original poster doesn’t mind if I piggy back a question on this thread. I have an fev 4.5s+ which I get great flavor from and have had no issues with leaking at all. The issue I’m having is no throat hit. I’ve tried every coil i can. High ohm, low ohm. A few wraps, many wraps. Kanthal, ni80, ss. Raised the coil, lowered the coil. You name it and I’ve probably tried it. I can get amazing flavor and cool vapor out of several builds just like it’s known for but I’m not getting the famous throat hit and I can’t figure out why, or is the throat hit all hype and I need to find a different mtl rta to get a good throat hit?

oh and every build I use my standard collection of tobacco juices which are all 12mg 50/50

I’m hoping the original poster doesn’t mind if I piggy back a question on this thread. I have an fev 4.5s+ which I get great flavor from and have had no issues with leaking at all. The issue I’m having is no throat hit. I’ve tried every coil i can. High ohm, low ohm. A few wraps, many wraps. Kanthal, ni80, ss. Raised the coil, lowered the coil. You name it and I’ve probably tried it. I can get amazing flavor and cool vapor out of several builds just like it’s known for but I’m not getting the famous throat hit and I can’t figure out why, or is the throat hit all hype and I need to find a different mtl rta to get a good throat hit?

oh and every build I use my standard collection of tobacco juices which are all 12mg 50/50

I suppose throat hit is subjective because I like it the way it is, but I’ve found I can crank the power up on these way beyond any of my other MTL tanks. I run at 17W just for this (13-14W on everything else), and I can take it over 20W. Maybe try that if you haven’t already?

i used to have flooding with fev, because when i first got it, i used to open the deck compartment every 10 min or so to check thats its wicking properly, I asked around one of my friends told me dont open it frequently, when i stopped checking the deck the flooding stoped

Was looking on AliExpress the other day and noticed SXK do an updated version of the deck.

1728902240095.png

Back
Top Bottom