What's new

Wicking the Kayfun Prime Eightbitraptor Style

Well, after setting up the Prime perfectly, I was dreading this day, but it had to come, the downsides of vaping NET's I guess...

As you'll see from the first image, the coil was manky, but at least it gave me the chance to measure the wick length I arrived at.

IMG_1053.jpg

The second image shows the coil height that was asked about.

IMG_1060.jpg

Image three shows the newly inserted wick, fanned and trimmed as @eightbitraptor showed us in the video.

IMG_1061.jpg

I had an initial bit of gurgling, but once vaped through, it's working as before.

Omg, your coil is so low:11: i must try this tonight, i assume its the same on kf mini v3 as on prime?

assume its the same on kf mini v3 as on prime?

TBH the Prime is the only Kayfun I have, but I'd assume the logic of the coils next to the airflow for flavour to be the same. It's a tip I picked up when building other MTL tanks.

That’s about where my coil is, which is where I would roughly put it on other kayfuns I’ve used before but there are some other tanks where I prefer it a bit raised. I think it can depend on the tank.

I just measured my coil height in a new build and it’s about 1.5mm so a touch higher than others have posted so far.

Finally got to recoil and rewick following @eightbitraptor tutorial to the tee. It's vaping nice and smoothly from the onset. No gurgling whatsoever! Will go for 6wraps next time to get a bit more out of my 18350 but is spot on. Thanks buddy! :2thumbsup:

I just can’t get on with this tank, it seems so easy to wick but when I do it, in many different ways, it just taste muted, no flavour nothing. My subtank mini kills it lol.

Maybe it doesn’t get on with the liquids you are puffing @donkruler . I’ve had mine back on the go for the past week and I’m finding it excellent.

Maybe it doesn’t get on with the liquids you are puffing @donkruler . I’ve had mine back on the go for the past week and I’m finding it excellent.
I would agree with this, I have tried quite a few different RTA's and the Prime gives the best flavour of all of them. Some attys get close but never found anything that beats it. Of course it's a personal thing which I guess is good otherwise everyone would vape a prime and the other manufacturers would sell nothing.

Back
Top Bottom