What's new

Kylin M Boro tank will not wick

ScottishDuck13

Postman
I've had this for a few weeks now and tried various builds, I cannot get it to wick. When freshly built and primed its great until the juice runs out then I have to leave like 5-10mins between pulls or its verging on dry hits, even when I do its always that muted flavour 'feels like it could dry hit' taste.

I've just stripped it out again, re-watched all the main Youtubers wicking and its all the same - cut the cotton at the o-ring. So this time I did UNDER that so there's even less cotton and doing the same test that DJLSB did... I've not primed it on purpose, half filled my tank over half an hour ago and the juice level has not dropped which it should have with the amount needed to be absorbed by the cotton. I just opened it to check and there's a tiny wet spot on the cotton just where the juice holes are, the rest is bone dry.

Using 70/30 juice and a halved chunk of cotton bacon prime. I just don't get it. I love mesh, I own all the Profiles, The Vandy Vape RDA and their AIO and I've never had this issue.

What am I doing wrong??

What cotton are you using?

I use either Vandy Vape M cotton, Firebolt M cotton or Wotofo 6mm laces in mine as for the most part it wicks fine, although it's not as forgiving as the Ponte Boro, Unity RTA or M Pro RTA.

I give it a bit of a rake, trim to the o-ring, fluff it up then trim a tiny bit of the top so it sits a few mm above the mesh and then finally trim it a bit on the underside too.

As for mesh, the strips it comes with are shite but it works great with Wotofo Clapton S strips, OFRF KA1 strips and Vandy Vape KA1 mesh roll (probably the SS versions too but I don't like SS mesh in any device as it always feels like it's on the verge or burning out).

I gave up on mine as I got the Steamcrave Meson boro and it was more forgiving.

When using the Vandy Vape I did it the same way as most of the videos but I trim the top a bit, same as JohnNada I also trimmed the sides a tiny bit and that helped with the flooding I was getting as well. I does sound like you've got just that wee bit too much cotton in there. I did have that issue with mine as well and it's easy enough to adjust.

In the end I couldn't be arsed with the faffing about and the dread that it'd flood again or be too dry.

well actually yeah I think you may have both cracked it... I took the deck back out after 2hrs and still no more absorption, even tested turning the tank upside down with no cotton and the juice flows through the hols no problem.

I did as suggested and gave the pointy tops on each side a buzz cut as they seemed to be poking up INTO the juice channels and after putting it back on ive actually just seen a bubble on each side for the first time.

Although you now have me worried about flooding!!! Will keep an eye on it

What cotton are you using?

I use either Vandy Vape M cotton, Firebolt M cotton or Wotofo 6mm laces in mine as for the most part it wicks fine, although it's not as forgiving as the Ponte Boro, Unity RTA or M Pro RTA.

I give it a bit of a rake, trim to the o-ring, fluff it up then trim a tiny bit of the top so it sits a few mm above the mesh and then finally trim it a bit on the underside too.

As for mesh, the strips it comes with are shite but it works great with Wotofo Clapton S strips, OFRF KA1 strips and Vandy Vape KA1 mesh roll (probably the SS versions too but I don't like SS mesh in any device as it always feels like it's on the verge or burning out).

Alos sorry i mentioned in the post its chunk of cotton bacon prime split in half. also I weirdly like the SS mesh rolls cut to size, its what Ive used in all my profiles. I like to cut them to the same width but make them longer so the arch is higher. more surface area too, works great, been doing it since the Profile v1

Alos sorry i mentioned in the post its chunk of cotton bacon prime split in half. also I weirdly like the SS mesh rolls cut to size, its what Ive used in all my profiles. I like to cut them to the same width but make them longer so the arch is higher. more surface area too, works great, been doing it since the Profile v1

Ah, I must have missed that! I've never used Cotton Bacon, but if you use that in your other mesh tanks there's no reason why it won't work in the Kylin. Sounds like you've got it working now though if you're seeing bubbles. One you nail the wicking it's a great vape, just a shame about it's capacity really.

I might try cutting a longer strip of the mesh roll next time.

Back
Top Bottom