What's new

Still having problems wicking Blaze Solo

John68

Postman
Hi all,
Have posted before regarding this , watched videos etc, just can’t get it right lately
Have tried cotton in bottom of juice well, tried it just touching, have enclosed pic, I tried cotton in bottom of well, but it appears cotton is drier as it rises to coil resulting in dry hits
Really like the solo but getting a little fed up, think I’ve nailed it the, wow, dry hits
Any further advice really welcome
IMG_8919.jpeg

Looking at the amount of gunk on the coil, even though the cotton either side is still fairly white, it looks like you're running the watts fairly high for that build and the wicking isn't keeping up. If that's a 3mm coil I'd go up to a 3.5mm so more juice gets delivered to the center of the coil and the wicking will find it easier to work at the watts you're firing at which should eliminate the dry hits. With a larger coil just make sure you thin the tails of your cotton enough so you don't pack the cotton too tightly in the wicking channels.

Another little trick I use is to release the fire button about a second before you stop inhaling which helps make the coil cool down faster so you're not cooking your juice on the coil. That will slow down the gunk build up.

I also like to slightly space my wraps. That helps the airflow pick up more juice so you need less watts and again it slows down gunk build up.

Last edited:
Hi,
Many thanks to you
I cleaned the coil spaced the wraps, and lowered the wattage.
It’s working a treat, back to awesome flavours
Thanks again

If you`re getting a good vape now that`s all well and good, but looking at your picture one of the coil wraps is sitting out of the air flow and you can see scorching on the cotton, it`s important that all the coil is within the air flow or you`ll get problems, I`d also say that the wick tails could do with thinning out quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom