What's new

Blaze Solo

John68

Postman
Hi all,
I have the above which I am pleased with
I am a bit hit and miss with wicking though
I find at times the cotton is wet where it fits into the well, but at times seems to be dryer at the coil, resulting in a dryer hit
Any advice welcome

Attachments

• IMG_8752.jpeg
    IMG_8752.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8751.jpeg
    IMG_8751.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Thin the wicks - and cut them so the ends sit ON TOP of the juice port inlet holes. Don't feed the wicks into the holes at all or you will start to get borderline dry hits after a tank or two.

The wicks are pretty long - and the chimney insert with the two cut out thingies form extended juice port channels/wells when it is in place. The wicks will expand when wet and if you haven't thinned them enough they can essentially block this extended channel and the vape will get progressively drier as you vape. So thinning the cotton more than you would expect is necessary and make sure the ends of the wicks sit on top of the juice holes. Basically it's a dam method with more wick thinning than you would expect lol.

You could always try using a smaller pinch of cotton, what`s the worst that can happen ?

Another option that I've found works is to feed the wick through the coil as normal, cut to length, fluff the cotton and cut half of it away - you need to cut close to the coil, similar to wicking a mesh RTA, so only half of the original amount goes into the juice wells - again, don't feed the wick tails through the juice holes, just rest the ends on top. As you need to remove half of the cotton from the relatively long wick tails you don't risk accidentally thinning the wick going through the coil and ending up with spitting.

Thin the wicks - and cut them so the ends sit ON TOP of the juice port inlet holes. Don't feed the wicks into the holes at all or you will start to get borderline dry hits after a tank or two.

The wicks are pretty long - and the chimney insert with the two cut out thingies form extended juice port channels/wells when it is in place. The wicks will expand when wet and if you haven't thinned them enough they can essentially block this extended channel and the vape will get progressively drier as you vape. So thinning the cotton more than you would expect is necessary and make sure the ends of the wicks sit on top of the juice holes. Basically it's a dam method with more wick thinning than you would expect lol.
That’s great thank you so much

Another option that I've found works is to feed the wick through the coil as normal, cut to length, fluff the cotton and cut half of it away - you need to cut close to the coil, similar to wicking a mesh RTA, so only half of the original amount goes into the juice wells - again, don't feed the wick tails through the juice holes, just rest the ends on top. As you need to remove half of the cotton from the relatively long wick tails you don't risk accidentally thinning the wick going through the coil and ending up with spitting.
Hi again, did as you suggested, all better than ever
I appreciate your help

Back
Top Bottom