What's new

Wismec Reuleaux DNA200 might run on 2 batteries?

MetalVape90

Achiever
I’ve been using my Wismec Reuleaux DNA200 and I’ve noticed something after removing one of the batteries. After removing one of the batteries the screen still stays on with a message saying “WARRANT SERVICE” so the wiring in mod is either rigged to take either dual or triple 18650s unless I’ve got a dodgy unit and it shouldn’t be functioning on two 18650s. If it can run on two 18650s and modifying the software on escribe it might run on its 133w setting instead of 200w on three 18650s.

Maybe, but I'm having a hard time understanding why you would bother. As a triple battery mod with no smaller door for 2 batteries is always going to be the same size its never going to be stealthy or pocket friendly - and removing one battery will only reduce the weight by one and a half ounces.

I'd use it for home use only and enjoy the longer run time. I'm assuming you have other mods of course.

Does it fire on two cells?

If not, I'd simply assume that it's detecting a fault condition.

Some mods display a message if you put the cells in backwards, I've never considered reprogramming it to use them like that though...

I wasn’t planning of changing anything with the mod cause like you said Crispycritter, it’s a big bulky mod that’s better of been used at home with a large capacity tank. But it had me curious though cause the mod was still on with two batteries in but with the “WARRANT SERVICE” which might mean it can run on only two batteries after playing around on escribe.

It won’t fire on two cells pdg cause the mod is still programmed for three 18650s/three cell LiPo. The screen is on along with the warning but the screen doesn’t shine brightly at all. It’s almost like it’s struggling cause there’s not enough power going to it.

Not arguing with the above, but I've a vague memory of the Reuleaux coming out in a 2/3 battery version ........... I'm just wondering if some of their wiring carried over?

There is your answer bud :)
I would have thought if it’s wired in series for all 3 cells the circuit would be completely open once one cell was removed and absolutely no power will be going to the board but there’s power going to it even though the circuit is open.

Not arguing with the above, but I've a vague memory of the Reuleaux coming out in a 2/3 battery version ........... I'm just wondering if some of their wiring carried over?
Possible that feature was added in on later batches but requires escribe to modify the software to say to the DNA200 board that is put into dual battery mode.

Dodgy Earth? If in doubt with electrics,,, always a dodgy earth ;)

Back
Top Bottom