What's new

WoToFo Manik Mini

JohnNada

Achiever
Hi folks,

Here's a quick review on the WoToFo Manik Mini Pod which I won in a recent giveaway.

I received the black, 3ml version - massive thanks to @WotofoOfficial :2thumbsup:

All my own thoughts and no affiliations with anyone or anything etc etc, you know the rest.

I won't bore you all with too much info as both @andi52 and @Sam Andrews have already put up their excellent reviews, so just a quick overview and my thoughts on it.

Device Specs:
  • Dimensions: 92 x 28 x 16mm (with pod installed)
  • Pod Capacity: 3ml (Standard Edition) / 2ml (TPD Edition)
  • Main Material: Zinc Alloy + PCTG
  • Display: 0.69’’ OLED Screen
  • Filling Method: Side Filling
  • Airflow Type: Side Airflow
  • Battery Type: Built-in 1000mAh Battery
  • Output Power: 1-30W
  • Charging Port: Micro USB
  • Charging Current: DC 5V/1.2A
  • Charging Time: 60 minutes
  • Net Weight: 64g
Link to official site.

In usual the WoToFo style it's well presented in a clear box with a bunch of info on the front, back and sides:

01.jpg

Inside the box we have the following:
  • x1 Manik Mini Device
  • x1 M12 nexMESH 0.6Ω Coil Pod
  • x1 M11 Parallel 0.6Ω Coil Pod
  • x1 Micro USB Charging Cable
  • x1 User Manual
02.jpg

It's tiny device and feels very well made. It's faux-leather I assume, so the cows can rest easy.

03.jpg

There only a single button and it's very straight forward to operate:
  • 5 clicks for on/off
  • 3 clicks to selected wattage which is variable from 1-30W
  • Press and hold to reset Puff Counter
05.jpg

It's an auto-draw pod so no fire button, just suck and go.

No airflow control, which we'll get to in a moment.

Filling via the port on the side is pretty easy if you have fingernails, but I don't so had to use a paperclip. No fault of the pod though. Like most pods you'll struggle with bigger bottles, but 10ml nozzles are fine.

04.jpg

I loves me some mesh so tried the M12 NexMEsh pod first with some Dinner Lady Lemon Tart salts (10mg, 50/50). Starting off at 10W to break the coil in, the vapor is warmish and quite flavorsome. Increasing it 15W, and then 18W (max suggested wattage for this coil) I found the flavour to be much better, with a only slight increase in warmth and was getting quite the buzz from the 10mg salts (I usually vape 3mg 70/30).

Once the headrush wore off I tried the the M11 coil next, starting this one off at 12W to break it in I found it a touch cooler than the M12 but flavour was ever so slightly less. Increasing to 18W (the lowest recommended wattage) and then 20W it got a little warmer and there was an increase in flavour. Upping it to 22W (the max recommended) made little difference from 20W.

If I had to pick a favourite I'd probably go with the M12 as the flavour was better with this one, although there's not much in it - both are good within their own recommended ranges. I also found the M12 has a slightly airier draw.

There's no airlfow control as mentioned above, and whilst the product info says it has a MTL-specific mouthpiece I wouldn't say it felt that restrictive. I'm primarily a DL/RDL vaper and whilst it did feel more restrictive than I'm used to I don't think the more hardcore MTL folks would find it to their tastes. I certainly doesn't simulate the restrictive draw from a cigarette. I still liked it personally though.

I know Andi mentioned getting a hot lip from his, but I can honestly say I didn't find that to be the case at all for me. Whilst the vape was quite warm, I definitely wouldn't say it was hot.

So all in all I really do like using it, and will probably buy some more pods for it when I see them available in the UK as long as they're reasonably priced. I'd probably use it most 1st thing in the morning for a quick nicotine hit, or when out on my bike and don't want to take a bigger device. We do also have a Smok Nord in the house and I prefer this by a long shot.

It's just a massive shame the coils aren't replaceable though, and I see this as the biggest downside to the device especially in this day and age when we're supposed to be saving the dolphins from eating plastic or something. I guess the plus side is it will be less prone to leaks and easier for beginners to use... maybe that's their reasoning, I don't know.

Pros:
  • It's tiny
  • Excellent build quality
  • Super simple to use
  • Provides a nice vape on both coils
  • Battery life seems great
Cons:
  • Fixed coil pods
  • No adjustable airflow
  • Micro-USB, it's 2021 - we want USB-C!
Overall I'd score it 5/10 - would be an easy 7 if not for the fixed coils.

Anyway, thanks again to WoToFo and thanks to anyone who takes the time to read my first ever POTV review! If you have any thoughts, questions, criticisms etc fire away!

Peace, love and micro-plastics :D

Great review mate, I'm glad you like it. I'm on mine now, and still getting a very hot , if not burnt lip, at 12watts, using the mesh coil, as the coil has aged, the heat has diminished, weird. Edit; maybe my draws are too long, 4 to 5 seconds.

Great review mate, I'm glad you like it. I'm on mine now, and still getting a very hot , if not burnt lip, at 12watts, using the mesh coil, as the coil has aged, the heat has diminished, weird.

Thanks bud!

Yeah that is very weird, I just can't think why yours would feel so hot! At the risk of opening myself up for some double entendre, do you put the whole thing in your mouth or just the tip? :confused: I just rest it against my teeth.

Thanks bud!

Yeah that is very weird, I just can't think why yours would feel so hot! At the risk of opening myself up for some double entendre, do you put the whole thing in your mouth or just the tip? :confused: I just rest it against my teeth.

Ahh, I thought of that and tried pushing the device further into my mouth, it just heated my tongue up rather quickly (instead), obviously a device that isn't suitable for me. I compare it all the time to the Sceptre (mtl pod) and have absolutely no issues with a hot vape on the sceptre, I vape both devices at 12watts, so it's not a wattage thing. I think it's the slightly narrower bore on the Manik mouthpiece, combined with how i vape, we're all slightly different.

Ahh, I thought of that and tried pushing the device further into my mouth, it just heated my tongue up rather quickly (instead), obviously a device that isn't suitable for me. I compare it all the time to the Sceptre (mtl pod) and have absolutely no issues with a hot vape on the sceptre, I vape both devices at 12watts, so it's not a wattage thing. I think it's the slightly narrower bore on the Manik mouthpiece, combined with how i vape, we're all slightly different.

Indeed, we all vape differently and there's no one size fits all when it comes to devices.

Whilst the Manik Mini isn't something I would have bought for myself, I am glad to have it in my collections and as I said, as long as the pods aren't too pricey it is one I can see myself using.

Nice one mate a good review indeed sir! One landed on my doorstep today so will see how it goes!

Thanks for sharing mate.

mmmmhhh. So, not much love here either.
I agree. Disposable stuff is very bad. Disposing a coilhead is bad, but half of a vape is crime.

Thanks for sharing mate.

mmmmhhh. So, not much love here either.
I agree. Disposable stuff is very bad. Disposing a coilhead is bad, but half of a vape is crime.

You're welcome :)

I do like the device and it's a nice vape, I just don't like the fact we have to throw away the whole pod once the coil is done. I also can't seem to find replacement pods in the UK yet.

Back
Top Bottom