What's new

House Of Lords Vote Would Scupper TPD

Why have they left it until this late to try to kill the TPD regs?

I expect the RCP report kicked it off. To have such a well-respected medical institution come out on the side of vaping probably made them sit up and take notice.

I think this has played a factor, but I'm willing to bet it would still have gained little traction without the impending EU referendum. Those wanting to leave see it as an ideal example of how the EU thrusts bad laws onto its members - and the ability to embarrass Camoron into the bargain.

Also, on the back of yet another U-turn by the government, they are coming across as increasingly spineless and unable to make legislation proceed from idea to statute. Even those who with to remain in the EU see this as a vehicle to slap the Tories. Given fair wind, it might just work.

Hmm. The TPRegs which are now law are as a result of European co-operation on THR because of the WHO drive worldwide.
Funny we don't read about leaving the WHO.
(We won't get fooled again ...)

dont mean to be a pessimist, but i cant find any mention of this fatal motion anywhere apart from on vaping websites . nothing on parliment site , nothing on house of lords , no newspapers sites , nothing anywhere .
on vaping websites it shows this report

lord-callanan.jpg

i cant find a link on any vaping websites to the original report and cant find it anywhere on www.parliament.uk or on lord callanans page .
so is this really happening ? surely if it was this is big news ? with the eu referendum coming up surely someone trying to overturn ANY EU legislation would be reported everywhere but i cant find a trace of it ????
even without the eu link a fatal motion is big news as its a slap in the face to the government , and has only been done a handful of times .
so why no reporting apart from vape sites that all basically say word for word the same thing ???
i hope im wrong but just seems strange to me .

The NHS issue is a bigger news story and easier to grasp.
I've concluded that Callanan's motion didn't get off the ground. There WAS a LOT of business tabled for yesterday especially over the Queen's Speech.
The change.org petition is not the kind that forces a parliamentary debate but was worthwhile and generated a good buzz among vapers but to be frank was disappointed by just over 20k sigs. This forum has over 30k members, supposed to be at least 2.5 million vapers, so where was everbody?

If I mention the word corruption, could I get in trouble whilst writing to Lord Callanan?

.....but to be frank was disappointed by just over 20k sigs. This forum has over 30k members, supposed to be at least 2.5 million vapers, so where was everbody?

.... posting handchecks on facebook, blowing clouds into their phone's camera on a selfie stick and trying (and failing) to string a sentence of English together?

Back
Top Bottom