What's new

The 3d printing thread

If you want a giggle here's the start of the next Sledz UK printer. CoreXY with a 200x200x180 build volume, smaller than the 3 Prusas I have but capable of around 150-200mm/s due to the mechanics. Should be a fun build once the rest of the parts arrive. Yes, it's Pink, it makes me smile every time I look at it, which is a goid thing as I'll be swearing at it later on down the line...
fusebox.jpg

Keep us posted, that's my next built too!

Just read the whole thread (and seem to have spent the whole morning doing so) .... very interesting. :thumbup:

Soo.. I've been damn busy, but I've been asked to keep you posted on the FB2020.. well.. I now have 2. >_< The CoreXY Mechanics are just awesome and I can push 120mm/s printing speed, 300mm/s travel easily. Standard print speeds on them for me is 80mm/s with 250mm/s travel. Which basically means a dual 18650 battery sled prints in 20-30 mins. I'm in the midst of a run of 100 single sleds for @stealthvape at the moment, and 70 sleds in and it's about 12 hours printing time, opposed to somewhere in the region of 24-36 hours on the Migbots.

I currently have them both at home atm, most of the Sledz UK printing is done on them. Here's a few links, images and videos:

sDTGPHkyLKcTga2QqhOwIh1xXjUFsbfBJ0b0wLSW7kOSZU8ueC9NunzI4k9d5TrhT1Kwc2Et=w1490-h838

Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1313587 - old parts on there, link more for images

If you want to build one full BOM and everything is on Github at https://github.com/AxMod3DPrint/FB2020

I have been having a bit of a play with the 3D printer recently and trying a few different things to see how they would come out:

1) 50w single 18650 - Water transfer and coated in clear coat - printed buttons.
vb1.jpg

2) 50w Dual 18650 - old watch cogs set back and then incased with clear resin - buttons are old watch winders.
vb2.jpg

3) 75w TC single 18650 - printed with Bamboo wood, stained and clear coated - laser etched images and old watch winders for buttons.
vb.jpg

I am still not brave enough to attemp the DNA200 Lipo I want to do yet but quite happy with how these have come out so far.

I have been having a bit of a play with the 3D printer recently and trying a few different things to see how they would come out:

1) 50w single 18650 - Water transfer and coated in clear coat - printed buttons.
vb1.jpg

2) 50w Dual 18650 - old watch cogs set back and then incased with clear resin - buttons are old watch winders.
vb2.jpg

3) 75w TC single 18650 - printed with Bamboo wood, stained and clear coated - laser etched images and old watch winders for buttons.
vb.jpg

I am still not brave enough to attemp the DNA200 Lipo I want to do yet but quite happy with how these have come out so far.
They are beautiful keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom