What's new

24/25mm on the smok h priv

I just bought the TF-RDTA today (24.5mm) and it doesn't over hang. It's just about flush so a 25mm might be too much, maybe someone else can confirm.

I still haven't got it working, so if anyone has a decent video of how to quick that tank, I'd appreciate it.

IMG_20160704_223749.jpg IMG_20160704_223714.jpg

I just bought the TF-RDTA today (24.5mm) and it doesn't over hang. It's just about flush so a 25mm might be too much, maybe someone else can confirm.

I still haven't got it working, so if anyone has a decent video of how to quick that tank, I'd appreciate it.

View attachment 96163 View attachment 96164
Ah mate sweet ! Cheers for that [emoji106]. I am the wrong person to ask about rta's lol always leaking for me which is why I tend to stick with drippers or just normal subohm tanks now n then !

You're welcome.

I'll give it a go again tomorrow, hopefully lose less juice this time!

What happens the way you wick it? Leaking, flooding, ?

I put in the cotton, as per the instructions on a YouTube video. Not too much, not too little, pushed the tails through the juice holes and fluffed up the cotton.

Primed the coils, put the tank together and filled it up. Waited about 15mins to let it soak up (opened the juice control at the start).

Screwed it on to the hpriv and pulled a few draws without firing.

Hit the fire button and drew in... Nothing but the tiniest little puff. Same again and again.

I thought I had packed it too tight so I tried, and failed, to remove the lower coil section without emptying the upper tank.

Attempt 2 will start today.

Yeah, the lack of vapour does sound like not enough wattage.

The main problems with RTAs tend to be dry hits (too much cotton), or leaking (not enough cotton), rather than lack of vapour.

Also, make sure you keep the airflow holes fully closed when filling this tank - the vacuum can break and it can leak like a Fiat Punto's oil sump if you don't!

Thanks @richierich and @davrog.

I think it was too much cotton, I followed a guide saying to pull the cotton down through the juice holes and fluff the cotton underneath. I wasn't getting anything.

I've since thinned the cotton down and have the cotton about halfway down the juice holes with a little breather gap. It's Vaping brilliantly and I'm getting loads of flavour from the Fizzy kush juice, along with huge clouds (not bothered about that, I'm all about the flavour but I guess they go hand in hand). I started about 40w but I'm up around 85w now and it's excellent.

Trouble is that when I filled the tank (juice ports fully closed) and by the time I'd put the dropper back in the bottle it was pouring out of the air holes. I think the juice holes opened up a bit when I closed the tank, so my fault I think... I'll rewick with a little more cotton and see if it helps.

RTAs can be tricky:-

- They generally need very little wick, to provide good juice flow and avoid dry hits

- Because of the above, there is very little pressure resistance on the wick, when refilling. So the pressure of juice coming in when refilling, can easily break that resistance vacuum, move the cotton, and then the juice pours straight out of the air holes.

Tough to get the balance just right, but once you do, you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom