What's new

Smok Morph 2 Dead After 6 Weeks!

My Smok Morph 2, which I bought on 11 November 2023 (6 weeks ago), died yesterday for no reason. No drops or anything like that. I bought it brand new and paid a premium (£80) because I bought it from a local shop and I didn't want to wait another day as I had gotten addicted to nicotine again! I knew I was paying a seriously high price, and I could get it a lot cheaper online, but another day without vaping at that point was too long.

Before it died, it had been misfiring a lot over the last few weeks. I have since found that other people have had similar issues because I found a YouTube video on it.
https://youtube.com/shorts/g8i450OEu98?si=-T3-S78RAKZC2_Y8

I am assuming since I bought it new from a shop, it should have a one-year warranty. As its a small independent shop, what's the best way to claim this under warranty? And what are my chances of getting a replacement and refund?

I paid on a card, so I have a bank statement proving the purchase, but I am not sure I got a receipt. I also have the box, and the mod is cosmetically in very good condition.

Any thoughts and advice are welcome. Thank you.
I've not read all replies but the shop where you bought it from should cover it for at least 90 days. Go back to the shop

I have had a Smok almost 4 years and it has never let me down, as already said it's the luck of the draw and their quality control is totally shite. It's been taken over by one of the other big manufacturers but can't think of which one. My head is saying Vaporesso but also thinking Wotofo but not 100%. Someone on here will know as it's on here where i read about it.

I have had a Smok almost 4 years and it has never let me down, as already said it's the luck of the draw and their quality control is totally shite. It's been taken over by one of the other big manufacturers but can't think of which one. My head is saying Vaporesso but also thinking Wotofo but not 100%. Someone on here will know as it's on here where i read about it.

Smok took over Wotofo a few years ago, I haven't heard anything about Smok being taken over.

On the subject of Smok reliability - I bought a Smok Alien as my first 'real' mod. It lasted 8 days.

Smok took over Wotofo a few years ago, I haven't heard anything about Smok being taken over.

On the subject of Smok reliability - I bought a Smok Alien as my first 'real' mod. It lasted 8 days.

TBF my Alien lasted about a year. I still have the Baby Beast tank it came with.

TBF my Alien lasted about a year. I still have the Baby Beast tank it came with.

Luck of the draw really, my first one lasted 8 days - I liked it for the short time when it was working and bought another recently when I was feeling nostalgic and willing to gamble. The second one ran for a couple of weeks then kept blocking - I found an old eBay vid showing how to 'unblock' it, which worked for a day or two. Shortly after that it started auto-firing so I binned it.

i have heard of some people having good, reliable Alien mods that lasted years but also know of a few Vape Shop owners that refuse to Stock Smok Mods because they had so many returns so it was obviously a Russian Roulette mod.

I still have the Baby Beast tank that came with the mod and a few packs of mesh coils. my hands are mullered and I'll probably have to go back to stock coils if my dexterity and shakes get worse. It probably won't be much fun having to use mine though because it's the 22mm 2ml version and using mesh coils means it has to be refilled every couple of minutes.

Mine is the Smok Veneno it has load of lights on it, been a great mod really, i have another Smok, think it's a Morph which has a touch screen ,i only bought it because it was £9.99 for the Kit. I broke the Glass on the Tank and don't think i bothered with it after that.

Luck of the draw really, my first one lasted 8 days - I liked it for the short time when it was working and bought another recently when I was feeling nostalgic and willing to gamble. The second one ran for a couple of weeks then kept blocking - I found an old eBay vid showing how to 'unblock' it, which worked for a day or two. Shortly after that it started auto-firing so I binned it.

i have heard of some people having good, reliable Alien mods that lasted years but also know of a few Vape Shop owners that refuse to Stock Smok Mods because they had so many returns so it was obviously a Russian Roulette mod.

I still have the Baby Beast tank that came with the mod and a few packs of mesh coils. my hands are mullered and I'll probably have to go back to stock coils if my dexterity and shakes get worse. It probably won't be much fun having to use mine though because it's the 22mm 2ml version and using mesh coils means it has to be refilled every couple of minutes.

All that went wrong with my Alien was the powder coat began to dissolve and the battery door broke after about a year, TBF I had dropped it hard several times. TBH it was abused and it wasn't a bad mod. Mine was the pre TPD version, I got it on a big sale from Liberty Flights, about a week before the TPD came in. It came with the RBA deck and a 4.5ml tank. It is still in great nick and I have resealed it. It gives a decent flavour with a pair of My own Alien Claptons, but can be a bit leaky sometimes.

My wife had a Smok Qbox Mini and that thing exploded after a few weeks. She got a small burn on her hand. The shop tried to refuse a refund, so I said fine I am going to contact Trading Standards and the local Newspaper. When he realised I was serious he gave in.

Oddly I bought her a Smok Spirals RBA for that mod and never used it. I have recently come back to proper vaping, after getting pissed off with Pods. I am using that Smok Spirals tank as my daily tank and it is superb. The stock coils were awful, but the RBA is great. A little fiddly to get a coil in, but once you get it setup, it gives superb flavour and doesn't leak. Again, Smok being hit and miss.

I bought a Smok Nord 4 with RPM2 coils and it was great, I used it for a year and it was really good, It started to get tatty and I upgraded to the Nord 5 with RPM3 coils and it was mediocre at best. Smok being hit or miss.

Smok should come with the warning, buy at your own risk, some mods are ok but like everything that comes from production lines you pay your money and take your chances. 1 or 2 of their Tanks are ok it's the rest that i am not too sure about.

Back
Top Bottom