What's new

Smok Morph 2 Dead After 6 Weeks!

digi

Initiate
My Smok Morph 2, which I bought on 11 November 2023 (6 weeks ago), died yesterday for no reason. No drops or anything like that. I bought it brand new and paid a premium (£80) because I bought it from a local shop and I didn't want to wait another day as I had gotten addicted to nicotine again! I knew I was paying a seriously high price, and I could get it a lot cheaper online, but another day without vaping at that point was too long.

Before it died, it had been misfiring a lot over the last few weeks. I have since found that other people have had similar issues because I found a YouTube video on it.
https://youtube.com/shorts/g8i450OEu98?si=-T3-S78RAKZC2_Y8

I am assuming since I bought it new from a shop, it should have a one-year warranty. As its a small independent shop, what's the best way to claim this under warranty? And what are my chances of getting a replacement and refund?

I paid on a card, so I have a bank statement proving the purchase, but I am not sure I got a receipt. I also have the box, and the mod is cosmetically in very good condition.

Any thoughts and advice are welcome. Thank you.

Welcome to the world of stack 'em high sell 'em cheap that is Smok. Legendary for their poor QC. Good luck trying to get your money back, I don't fancy your chances tbh.

Buy something by another company and put it down to a lesson learned. Oh, and always have a backup.

I've been rocking one of these over the holidays...

https://vapeuk.co.uk/dotmod-dotpod-s-pod-vape-kit

Welcome to the world of stack 'em high sell 'em cheap that is Smok. Legendary for their poor QC. Good luck trying to get your money back, I don't fancy your chances tbh.

Buy something by another company and put it down to a lesson learned. Oh, and always have a backup.

I've been rocking one of these over the holidays...

https://vapeuk.co.uk/dotmod-dotpod-s-pod-vape-kit

Hi John, I used to keep a backup before. However, I have been toying with the idea of giving up vaping. However, when it comes to stopping I just haven't made the jump because my personal life has a lot of drama going on right now, so I would probably fail if I tried right now.

Regarding Pods, I bought one for the first time a few months ago. Although I can see how they can be right for some users, I did not enjoy it. Although I am not heavy vape, and I am also not a cloud chaser, I do like a middle ground, and the pods so far don't do it for me. I don't know anyone else who vapes, so it's not like I can try a fiends pod out. So, I would have to fork out the money to find out. I did order the Vaporesso Target 200 Mod last night. It is supposed to arrive today. I am staying in just for it to arrive. If this proves to be a good fit, then I may get a second one for backup. But I was going to ask people what the good dual battery mods are right now. I am not up to date on vaping product knowledge. I normally have to ask others.

Well you've at least found here, which is a great resource for info relating to peoples real world experience.

Sadly smok, that says it all.
John is correct in saying good luck with a refund. its a grey area.
you can try though if you dont mind going back with the proof. did you video it and show a copy of your receipt.
some say 3 months cover but once sold they say you have to contact smok in china as no one likes handing money back. unless its a well know shop that actually is run by vapers who care about customers unlike these popup shops that are only after your wonga and dont care what they sell you.

as said, bite the bullet and dump the smok mod and if you like the tank use it on you new vaporesso 200 which has to be one of the best kits of the year especially if you also got the itank 2 which give great flavour. but as always that depends a lot on what juice you are using.
are you on salts or freebase nic.
what flavours do you like and others can advise on some worth trying.
the 200 is a cloud kit but you can still use it at lower wattage. i found the 0.4 coil a bit pants but the 0.2 and 0.15 are fab. i dont go anywhere near the recommended wattage and use both coils at max 45watts.
hopefully it arrives today so report back on first thoughts. its ikkle compared to all my other mods.

Sadly smok, that says it all.
John is correct in saying good luck with a refund. its a grey area.
you can try though if you dont mind going back with the proof. did you video it and show a copy of your receipt.
some say 3 months cover but once sold they say you have to contact smok in china as no one likes handing money back. unless its a well know shop that actually is run by vapers who care about customers unlike these popup shops that are only after your wonga and dont care what they sell you.

as said, bite the bullet and dump the smok mod and if you like the tank use it on you new vaporesso 200 which has to be one of the best kits of the year especially if you also got the itank 2 which give great flavour. but as always that depends a lot on what juice you are using.
are you on salts or freebase nic.
what flavours do you like and others can advise on some worth trying.
the 200 is a cloud kit but you can still use it at lower wattage. i found the 0.4 coil a bit pants but the 0.2 and 0.15 are fab. i dont go anywhere near the recommended wattage and use both coils at max 45watts.
hopefully it arrives today so report back on first thoughts. its ikkle compared to all my other mods.

Yes, I thought warranty and refunds were a long shot. I am also a business owner, and I deal with warranties with my customers. But I am not in the vaping business, so I had no idea as I have never had one die so quick, especially one thats not so cheap.

I vape around 50-60W on average. I use Prime Vapes B-Bomb for my daily vape and Riot Squad Menthol Molotov as my dessert type of vape.

I am glad you think Vaporesso Target 200 was a good choice as I found out about it via a review article. I decided to buy just the mod, because whenever I have bought kids recently (including the Morph 2) I have never made use of the tanks after the first try. It was always one issue or another. However, since you are saying its a good tank I may consider as it my backup that I am about to buy after trying it.

Yes, I thought warranty and refunds were a long shot. I am also a business owner, and I deal with warranties with my customers. But I am not in the vaping business, so I had no idea as I have never had one die so quick, especially one thats not so cheap.

I vape around 50-60W on average. I use Prime Vapes B-Bomb for my daily vape and Riot Squad Menthol Molotov as my dessert type of vape.

I am glad you think Vaporesso Target 200 was a good choice as I found out about it via a review article. I decided to buy just the mod, because whenever I have bought kids recently (including the Morph 2) I have never made use of the tanks after the first try. It was always one issue or another. However, since you are saying its a good tank I may consider as it my backup that I am about to buy after trying it.

yeh, agree. never a good idea to buy kids :D:D
oh the itank is a winner indeed. you can find the original itank quite cheap now. its a slide to open where the itanks 2 is a press button swivel.

original under 15 https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/vaporesso-itank
or 2 https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/vaporesso-itank-2
8ml glass https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/itank-replacement-glass

Smok are so hit and miss. I am currently using a Smok RBA tank and it is great, doesn't leak and has good flavour. I had a Smok Nord 4 and it lasted a year, took a fair amount of abuse and still works, it was just getting tatty, but it only cost £25. The coils were good too. I replaced it with a Smok Nord 5 and it wasn't a patch on the Nord 4. Duff coil after duff coil. I went back to using my 6 year old TeslaCigs WYE200.

In UK law to make a return you need "proof of purchase" a bank statement is just that.

I bought the Vaporesso Target 200 Kit in the end. I have Had the mod for about a week and I absolutely love it. I haven’t tried the tank yet. I’m waiting for my call to finish my current aspire tank and then I’ll try the itank. So far I have only heard good stuff about it. I bought a second kit just as a back up. I don’t want to end up in a situation where I’ve pay a premium again for something breaking. Thanks for all your help and advice.

I bought the Vaporesso Target 200 Kit in the end. I have Had the mod for about a week and I absolutely love it. I haven’t tried the tank yet. I’m waiting for my call to finish my current aspire tank and then I’ll try the itank. So far I have only heard good stuff about it. I bought a second kit just as a back up. I don’t want to end up in a situation where I’ve pay a premium again for something breaking. Thanks for all your help and advice.
2 Valuable lessons learned ...

1 Buy (crap) buy twice

2 Always have a back up

Vaporesso are a country mile better than any smok offerings

Back
Top Bottom