What's new

LG MJ1 Battery test 3500 mAh

Cheers for doing this Simon, good to see real world tests. Hope you carry on with it to see how each battery does after it's been through a few cycles.

Cheers for doing this Simon, good to see real world tests. Hope you carry on with it to see how each battery does after it's been through a few cycles.

No problem, I was going to do it anyway for my own benefit so I figured I may as well post it all on here too. .... at first I was thinking 118 puffs isn't that much difference but the first hour of vaping on this 25R I only took 32 puffs, so it's not an insignificant difference. For someone who can only vape at breaks at work or whatever, it could give you a whole extra day at work.

Things happened that I didn't really think about before too ..... until around the 2/3rd's point the 30Q was pretty much keeping up with the MJ1 on puffs but after that it dropped off much quicker, so if you like to charge the batteries before they cut off.... and when there is still a 1/3 of the life showing on the indicator left then there isn't really much benefit at all to going with the higher mAh.

also the MJ1 took over 7 hours to charge back up to full in my nitecore D2, obviously the higher the mAh the longer it will take and if you are someone who doesn't like leaving charging batteries unattended (Like me!) then this could also be a consideration.

25R is finished and a maybe a slightly suprising result? It's more than I was expecting anyway ... 514 puffs!

So far

MJ1 687 puffs
30Q 560 puffs
25R 514 puffs

... I also have a Sony VTC4 so I'm going to try that next. I wasn't going to bother as most people wouldn't buy a VTC4 for vaping at these wattages but I have it so I may as well find out what it will do.

mmmm.. another slightly suprising result .....

Sony VTC4 .... 494 puffs...

so, the final results are

LG MJ1 687 puffs
Samsung 30Q 560 puffs
Samsung 25R 514 puffs
Sony VTC4 494 puffs

.... that's obviously the order they should be in but I'm really quite shocked how well the Sony performed considering it's stated mAh and it's high amp rating, it's clearly a still a very good battery ... only 20 puffs less than the 25R, I would have thought the difference would be bigger.

I'm not really sure what to conclude from this (other than those LG MJ1 are great for low wattage vaping) but it makes me very curious to try some other LG's (that are more of a direct comparison to the samsung's) to see how they perform, I have a sneaking suspicion that they made do better than the samsung's.

I'm now off to bin this coil as it's starting to taste really revolting but I didn't want to change it mid test!! :D

Oh, just incase this is useful information to anyone, my mod was cutting the batteries off at 3.17 volts.

What you could do next is change that order of battery use on a fresh coil to see if coil wear is significant enough to alter battery drain at 10W.

On any battery, ahead of weak battery warning, did you notice any vaping loss?

Bet you can get longer out of that MJ1 after a few charges too.

What you could do next is change that order of battery use on a fresh coil to see if coil wear is significant enough to alter battery drain at 10W.

On any battery, ahead of weak battery warning, did you notice any vaping loss?

Bet you can get longer out of that MJ1 after a few charges too.

no, I don't notice any vaping loss on the wismec, from what I can tell the final puffs are the same as the first ... I do know what you mean though my sxk zero's do that, you start to notice less vapour for a little while before it cuts out.

Do you have any other thoughts on the results?

I wondering what would happen at higher wattages... say 30 or 40w, would the differences between the batteries be a lot less? ... if they were then the difference between the bottom 3 would be next to nothing .. or do you think they would just run out quicker but the differences between them would still be similar? I would test that but I'm not sure I fancy vaping at 40w all day :D

.... although I do have some kanger 0.5ohm coils I could use to test that........ mmmmm.

You could try 0.5 at 40W, would be interesting. Amp draw just under 9 so the MJ1 would work, just. You could do a paper calculation and make allowances for battery loads etc but real world tests are always more reliable.
Are you using a multimeter to check batteries and if so are all batteries keeping more or less a full charge after rest?
Could get boring after a while though ;)
Measurements like these are good enough without being obsessive because they're meaningful to your equipment.
I may get round to trying something similar with my Pico mods though I'm satisfied the 30Qs give me longest runs.
In fact I could use 18650s in my Presa 100s which could be interesting.

You could try 0.5 at 40W, would be interesting. Amp draw just under 9 so the MJ1 would work, just. You could do a paper calculation and make allowances for battery loads etc but real world tests are always more reliable.
Are you using a multimeter to check batteries and if so are all batteries keeping more or less a full charge after rest?
Could get boring after a while though ;)
Measurements like these are good enough without being obsessive because they're meaningful to your equipment.
I may get round to trying something similar with my Pico mods though I'm satisfied the 30Qs give me longest runs.
In fact I could use 18650s in my Presa 100s which could be interesting.

I don't think I could do 40w ..... maybe 30w though :D

no, I just charge them fully in the D2 and then wack them straight in the mod to start the test..... when I put them in to charge again I'm just reading the voltage off the D2 screen, it was the same for all batteries though. 3.17 or 3.18 ..

yeah, you're right... I've found out what I needed to know and it applies to how I vape and charge in the real world .... not some milliamp hour numbers that really mean nothing to me other than 'it has 500 more' :)

If you want to try other LG then try the HD2. It's a 2000mAh 25A battery comparable to the VTC4 I have 3 for my rx200s I get about 390 60W 2.2ish second puffs out of a fully charged set.

Back
Top Bottom