What's new

Another "first" try and new RTA

Vaping Hamster

Postman
Thought I'd post this here as its another first try that could help other newbies.

Made my first stainless steel coil today after receiving some flat ss 316.
I wanted to give this a go as I use ni200 pre made coils in my everyday set up and have been coiling my own kanthal builds for RDA's at home and overall prefer the temp control taste/feel.

Not the tidiest of builds as I can't seem to keep the flat wire straight but vaped very well.
Paired up with my new serpent mini which also arrived today which vaped like a dream and gives bags of flavour!

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

Looks very much like the 'good old' Velocity style deck??

Similar but designed for single coil only with a central air hole.
Quite a restricted draw compared to my other tanks and RDA's but not so much that you can't direct inhale but would also work for the mtl'ers out there.
Bags and bags of flavour and works really well with the temp control coil.

Only con I can find is that the tank is very small meaning you will need regular refills.
Not really an issue of your planning on using it at home like me or don't mind filling often - it's top fill so very easy to do.

Thought I'd post this here as its another first try that could help other newbies.

Made my first stainless steel coil today after receiving some flat ss 316.
I wanted to give this a go as I use ni200 pre made coils in my everyday set up and have been coiling my own kanthal builds for RDA's at home and overall prefer the temp control taste/feel.

Not the tidiest of builds as I can't seem to keep the flat wire straight but vaped very well.
Paired up with my new serpent mini which also arrived today which vaped like a dream and gives bags of flavour!

View attachment 101723

View attachment 101724
That is good for your first attempt, as long as the coil is heating evenly with no hotspots the tidiness will come with practice :).

What size flat SS316 is that? I haven't worked with it myself, but would like to give it a go, I have worked with ribbon kanthal but that was very different to this, flimsy-at least the size I was working with was.

Also, how are you finding the serpent mini? I fancy a new single coil RTA that I can use for lower power and less juice drinking applications- I have already heard a few good things but I think another will seal the deal for me.

That is good for your first attempt, as long as the coil is heating evenly with no hotspots the tidiness will come with practice :).

What size flat SS316 is that? I haven't worked with it myself, but would like to give it a go, I have worked with ribbon kanthal but that was very different to this, flimsy-at least the size I was working with was.

Also, how are you finding the serpent mini? I fancy a new single coil RTA that I can use for lower power and less juice drinking applications- I have already heard a few good things but I think another will seal the deal for me.

It's 24 gauge wire as I like them slightly thicker and it is anything but flimsy.
I think partner the issue is that I used my coil master and perhaps should try hand wrapping for this type.
It annoyed me a bit as with the coil master all of my coils have been coming out looking very good and this was my first really u tidy one.

The serpent mini is a lovely little tank and as I already learnt the lesson of correct wicking for this style with my griffin 22 I got it built and vaping in no time with no leaking.
I currently have it running on temp control at about 220 degrees and although it does guzzle juice it vaped lovely - learnt the hard way it doesn't like being above 290 degrees.
If you looking to run low temp/wattage I don't thing you will go wrong with it.

It's 24 gauge wire as I like them slightly thicker and it is anything but flimsy.
I think partner the issue is that I used my coil master and perhaps should try hand wrapping for this type.
It annoyed me a bit as with the coil master all of my coils have been coming out looking very good and this was my first really u tidy one.

The serpent mini is a lovely little tank and as I already learnt the lesson of correct wicking for this style with my griffin 22 I got it built and vaping in no time with no leaking.
I currently have it running on temp control at about 220 degrees and although it does guzzle juice it vaped lovely - learnt the hard way it doesn't like being above 290 degrees.
If you looking to run low temp/wattage I don't thing you will go wrong with it.

Nice looking wee tank mate :). I really like the look of some of the mini versions of tanks, but with my circumstances as they are, it's just easier having a slightly larger capacity.

I was considering some SS ribbon and asked in the TC section about Ni200 as well as I was considering getting some, but @danb and @Tubbyengineer have put me on to NiFe instead as I REALLY like the whole TC aspect as you do bud :).

It just seems to give a greater control and you can dial into your preffered range, still blow clouds but not let your vape get super heated like kanthal can. The guys are saying NiFe is the most accurate for TC vaping, so I ordered some Stealthvape NiFe30 and some Vape Mesh Co (Crazy Wire Co) NiFe48. The NiFe30 has just bounced off the doormat but I'm not going to be able to build anything today damnit :(.

I've only tried a couple of ribbon builds, after 2 wraps attempting it on a coil master I took it off and finished it by hand, still didn't come out looking as good as yours did though lol. Mounting the coils is damned tricky.....tricky, tricky, tricky, tricky ;). Ribbon is definitely one of those materials that takes a bit of extra practice over other wire types.

Youre pretty bloody handy with your builds though, as always, nice job :).

Back
Top Bottom