What's new

Making Custard In Bulk (with or without Nic?)

The other thing I like is the FA custard cream, steep it for 2 or 3 weeks with caramel and vienna cream. Then mix this with atmos labs black vanilla, but the black vanilla needs to steep for a long my time first by itself or it can taste weird. But it’s a great flavour.

Ok, mix the custard. Whatever amount you like, I usually do a few 100ml bottles. Steep for the desired time (at leat 2 weeks for me but longer is better).

Then I split this into 50ml bottles and add whatever either concentrate I want in there at that point, shake, and it’s usually good straight away or depending on what you added, however let by you like to leave it (for example if I add fig I would usually leave it another week).

Ok so let me say it back to you to make sure I’m on the money.

Make my custard (200ml) as normal (adding VG/PG + Nic) as desired and let that steep away.

Once fully steeped and I’m happy with the taste I start to decant.

So I’ve now got 4x 50ml bottles of custards - at this point do I simply top up with my desired fruit (or whatever) give it a shake and vape away (depending on the Flavor) but just to keep it simple. Haha.

So I add no more VG/PG or nic. It’s just fruit straight on top of the custard?

Exactly, that’s how I usually do it to avoid the fruit fading into the custard and becoming muddied.

Other flavours like tobacco, biscuit flavours etc need to steep and you can steep them with the custard at the start, or separately then mix them up. The adding additions at the end is only really about fruit or other flavours that fade or get muddy.

Exactly, that’s how I usually do it to avoid the fruit fading into the custard and becoming muddied.

Brilliant. Thank you. Now time to experiment to make the nicest custard. Haha.

I love my juice sweet and custard sweet too but also love vanilla.

Like ambrosia custard sprinkled with a little sugar and dusted with some vanilla.

Ok so let me say it back to you to make sure I’m on the money.

Make my custard (200ml) as normal (adding VG/PG + Nic) as desired and let that steep away.

Once fully steeped and I’m happy with the taste I start to decant.

So I’ve now got 4x 50ml bottles of custards - at this point do I simply top up with my desired fruit (or whatever) give it a shake and vape away (depending on the Flavor) but just to keep it simple. Haha.

So I add no more VG/PG or nic. It’s just fruit straight on top of the custard?
If you factor the fruit concentrates into the calculation for the finished juice, but don't add them until the custard is steeped, they can be added without losing the desired VG/PG ratio. That's what I do.

If you factor the fruit concentrates into the calculation for the finished juice, but don't add them until the custard is steeped, they can be added without losing the desired VG/PG ratio. That's what I do.

Thanks mate, I’ll take note of that as well.

I don’t bother with this because I’m only adding 1 or 2ml, probably because I’m half arsed.

Back
Top Bottom