What's new

General 18650 warning to all new vapers.

"Samantha"

Achiever
A quick post from me, as a concerned vaper.
Yesterday one of our customers came to me and was about to complain over a device we sold in store.
He had bought a Snow Wolf and a set of Samsung 25rs from us before Christmas in one of our stores. Yesterday his partner was happily vaping on said device until the tank literally blew apart nearly blowing her jaw apart.
One look at the batteries, I know what was wrong.
He had visitors over for Christmas and they had bought fake Samsung's and left them at their house.
Not realising, his partner had put these in her device, unmarried too.
The visitor had purchased these from a store on eBay as they were cheap.
NEVER buy cheap 18650s!
This could of been a lot worse.
We only sell genuine 18650s and will always know which are ours as we have our name printed on them to narrow down issues that may arise.
Any new vapers out there today, please check your batteries and always buy from companies that care.
If they seem too cheap, question why?!
20190104_125006.jpg
39454090_536035963516085_1212838037847801856_n.jpg

Good shout....I’d go one further and say don’t buy from China either.

I bought some 25r’s from a well known Chinese site, alongside some from Ben fogstar, and even though the Chinese advertise there’s as being “authentic” the marking were completely different from the ones from Ben, and got binned...

Another thing is never use batteries with damaged wraps just re- wrap em easy to do with a hair dryer and cost penny's to buy.....

Another thing is never use batteries with damaged wraps just re- wrap em easy to do with a hair dryer and cost penny's to buy.....
I can definitely second that motion, having forgotten to check the wraps on a 20700 once and almost setting my jacket on fire in a queue at Dunelm. The wrap had pulled off the negative end very slightly causing auto-fire.

Buy from a reputable seller like Drip Drop, buy extra wraps while you're at it, and monitor them EVERY time you use them.

Bloody hell. Hope she was ok!

Couldn't agree more with the what Sam said though, always, always, always buy batteries from trusted vendors and treat them very kindly!

A quick post from me, as a concerned vaper.
Yesterday one of our customers came to me and was about to complain over a device we sold in store.
He had bought a Snow Wolf and a set of Samsung 25rs from us before Christmas in one of our stores. Yesterday his partner was happily vaping on said device until the tank literally blew apart nearly blowing her jaw apart.
One look at the batteries, I know what was wrong.
He had visitors over for Christmas and they had bought fake Samsung's and left them at their house.
Not realising, his partner had put these in her device, unmarried too.
The visitor had purchased these from a store on eBay as they were cheap.
NEVER buy cheap 18650s!
This could of been a lot worse.
We only sell genuine 18650s and will always know which are ours as we have our name printed on them to narrow down issues that may arise.
Any new vapers out there today, please check your batteries and always buy from companies that care.
If they seem too cheap, question why?!
View attachment 182125 View attachment 182126
strange ?
thats a huge distance from the right - on the battery to the + on the left battery or carrage ? can we see damage made to the positive on the other battery please sam
tbh i would expect there to be more heat damage from arc'n higher up on the battery carrage but its not there hmm

soldering iron ?
apoligies but a pic with no seen damage to positive battery seems strange ?
Q.jpg

Last edited:
er , they are the same cells?, the ones in the mod and the ones in the box, the print is the same, I would say they are from the same supplier

Can’t comment on the battery above on the left - however both the battery on the right, and the batteries you supply are both from the same supplier. That print isn’t added by Samsung, it’s added by the UK importer.

And 25Rs aren’t 25A :)

er , they are the same cells?, the ones in the mod and the ones in the box, the print is the same, I would say they are from the same supplier
i think Sam was just showing the difference. the way i understood it was the 2 odd batteries were what was in the mod and the second picture was the batteries they supply with drip drop text written on them.

Back
Top Bottom