What's new

Do you believe a viable vaccine will be made?

Will we create a viable vaccine?

• Total voters
Am fairly optimistic that one will be found sometime next year.

The thing is will this work for people who dont have splines as the flu jab dont work on them .
My wife has no spline and had the flu jab a few years ago and all it did for her was give her the flu so makes you wonder if this will be the same useless for people with no splines i guess we will have to wait and see.

If it mutates faster than we can create one, I suspect not!

SARS was 17 years ago, was this ever successfully vaccinated against? (serious question, as I simply don't know! ;) )

If it mutates faster than we can create one, I suspect not!

SARS was 17 years ago, was this ever successfully vaccinated against? (serious question, as I simply don't know! ;) )
There was no need. It's mutated in to a harmless form and vanished.

Then this must be our hope too! ;)
Indeed. But we do need a dose of reality, both here and in the US. We are refusing to plan the reorganisation of our economies. Instead using the same brain dead optimism as our PM. If Johnson, and the rest of his gov, continue to play which ostrich can bury its head deepest. Any problems we have now will seem like a short break holiday, in comparison.
Share holders, And therefore pensions, are going to take a real battering. What we need to do is ensure they don't again make everybody else pay the price, as they did in 2008.

until we actively start to reorganise our economies, our govs aren't taking this seriously, at all.
now I'm not suggesting any other party or person would do any better. But they'd need to be catatonic to equal Johnson Trump and their crews.

Indeed. But we do need a dose of reality, both here and in the US. We are refusing to plan the reorganisation of our economies. Instead using the same brain dead optimism as our PM. If Johnson, and the rest of his gov, continue to play which ostrich can bury its head deepest. Any problems we have now will seem like a short break holiday, in comparison.
Share holders, And therefore pensions, are going to take a real battering. What we need to do is ensure they don't again make everybody else pay the price, as they did in 2008.

until we actively start to reorganise our economies, our govs aren't taking this seriously, at all.
now I'm not suggesting any other party or person would do any better. But they'd need to be catatonic to equal Johnson Trump and their crews.
This is my fear too. It feels like they will continue to bury their heads as far as they can, change nothing, then blame anyone and everyone and then make the rest of us pay for it and pay dearly.

Back
Top Bottom