What's new

Dr Mike Yeadon

Why is all and any contrarian view on govt stats/rhetoric to be dismissed as conspiracy theory?
Didn't have you earmarked as an establishment lackey, Zou.

i’m certainly not an establishment lackey.

however having read a couple of this doctor’s articles and skimmed randomly that most recent video posted, it is clear that it is in the realms of conspiracy theory.

there is no reason to be looking for nefarious motives and organised plans to explain what is currently happening when it is much easier and more convincingly explained by incompetence.

I don't know why this guy triggers you so much, if he's wrong it will be obvious very soon.
Anyhow....
I was wondering if conspiracy theories were around in previous pandemics and I came across this article, you might actually like this one lol.

The original plandemic: unmasking the eerily familiar conspiracy theories behind the russian flu of 1889.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkn...racy-theories-behind-the-russian-flu-of-1889/

"As the Covid-19 pandemic swept the globe in early 2020, a conspiracy theory about the disease went viral on social media: The genesis of the illness, proponents claim, was not the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. Instead, this pandemic was actually caused by the introduction of 5G broadband, and radiation from cell towers equipped with the technology is the real culprit.

It doesn’t take Dr. Fauci to know that conspiracy theories have always been a predictable symptom of pandemics. More than a century ago, the truthers of the day tried to blame a deadly influenza outbreak on a similar technological innovation.

On January 31, 1890, the European edition of the New York Herald ran an item suggesting that the electric light was somehow responsible for a global influenza outbreak. After all, “the disease has raged chiefly in towns where the electric light is in common use,” the article noted, and went on to note that the disease “has everywhere attacked telegraph employees.”

960x0.jpg

960x0.jpg

i’m certainly not an establishment lackey.

however having read a couple of this doctor’s articles and skimmed randomly that most recent video posted, it is clear that it is in the realms of conspiracy theory.

there is no reason to be looking for nefarious motives and organised plans to explain what is currently happening when it is much easier and more convincingly explained by incompetence.
What are the nefarious motives and organised plans that he mentions?
is there not a clear difference between smelling an [incompetent] rat and formulating convoluted theories about why it's organised deception? Is he stating the former or the latter?

What are the nefarious motives and organised plans that he mentions?
is there not a clear difference between smelling an [incompetent] rat and formulating convoluted theories about why it's organised deception? Is he stating the former or the latter?

he remains vague about them, but here again is the quote from his article on why sage were wrong that i posted above:

“This matches current evidence, with COVID-19 deaths remaining a fraction of what they were in spring, despite numerous questionable practices, all designed to artificially increase the number of apparent COVID-19 deaths.”

this is definitely explicitly suggesting a conspiracy, don’t you think? not just claiming incompetence.

there were a few similarly suspect comments i randomly skipped to in the video above but i’m not going to watch it all or trawl through it trying to find them.

Last edited:
Anna Brees is an ex journalist and pretty much everything I've watched of hers lately and especially covid related makes me feel she has a real issue with main stream media.
Might be unrelated to the video here but lately she also appears to believe covid is a non issue.

Anna Brees is an ex journalist and pretty much everything I've watched of hers lately and especially covid related makes me feel she has a real issue with main stream media.
Might be unrelated to the video here but lately she also appears to believe covid is a non issue.

i could understand a former mainstream media journalist having a real issue with the mainstream media, to be fair. not to comment specifically on this woman, mind.

I don't know why this guy triggers you so much, if he's wrong it will be obvious very soon.
Anyhow....
I was wondering if conspiracy theories were around in previous pandemics and I came across this article, you might actually like this one lol.

The original plandemic: unmasking the eerily familiar conspiracy theories behind the russian flu of 1889.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkn...racy-theories-behind-the-russian-flu-of-1889/

"As the Covid-19 pandemic swept the globe in early 2020, a conspiracy theory about the disease went viral on social media: The genesis of the illness, proponents claim, was not the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. Instead, this pandemic was actually caused by the introduction of 5G broadband, and radiation from cell towers equipped with the technology is the real culprit.

It doesn’t take Dr. Fauci to know that conspiracy theories have always been a predictable symptom of pandemics. More than a century ago, the truthers of the day tried to blame a deadly influenza outbreak on a similar technological innovation.

On January 31, 1890, the European edition of the New York Herald ran an item suggesting that the electric light was somehow responsible for a global influenza outbreak. After all, “the disease has raged chiefly in towns where the electric light is in common use,” the article noted, and went on to note that the disease “has everywhere attacked telegraph employees.”

960x0.jpg

960x0.jpg

he doesn’t trigger me, whatever you mean by that. i just have a dislike for this sort of pedalling of an agenda with the veneer of scientific validity. the same as with the new age diet guru you were posting a while ago or any of the conspiracy theory celebrity types.

it won’t be obvious that he’s wrong very soon to the kind of people that follow this stuff because facts and reality are irrelevant to them.

that article is quite interesting, thanks for the link.

can we start a dedicated coronavirus conspiracy corner thread for this kind of content? it would keep it all on one place and @akuma and @Fuctifino can post all the youtube videos they want.

Thought you had me on block/ignore
& also had explained this a couple of days ago

I tend to do great big walls of text & my own theories/opinions to be fair

can we start a dedicated coronavirus conspiracy corner thread for this kind of content? it would keep it all on one place and @akuma and @Fuctifino can post all the youtube videos they want.
Noooo ........ boooooooo. No fun at all. We'd just have endless 'Boris is a cunt' comments. :D

I like a bit of an alternative view, and there's nothing to discuss if everybody agrees on everything from the get-go. :)

Noooo ........ boooooooo. No fun at all. We'd just have endless 'Boris is a cunt' comments. :D

I like a bit of an alternative view, and there's nothing to discuss if everybody agrees on everything from the get-go. :)
upload_2020-10-30_20-34-23.png

Back
Top Bottom