What's new

Freebie Hunters!

Rather more important Fish to Fry last night so I very much doubt whether any of The Team were looking? @Arawn1975!

Amazes me! What incredibly selective memories some of you seem to have developed! :16:
Looking at certain people's posting history can be very revealing and perhaps they should remember that everything they have ever posted.... and where that post was made... is easily accessible for all to read.

No it's fine @Arawn1975!
Light relief compared to various other things going on both here and in real life at the moment.

Ok, as a newbie to the site, I’ll put in my penny’s worth. I’ve been vaping on and off (mainly on I would add) for around 5 years. I’ve only every owned two kits at a time, one being a backup. I previously vaped to get of the stinky’s and its only recently I’ve moved on from MTL to DTL. I now consider myself as an ex-smoker and vaping is now my obsession, as the Mrs puts it… well obsessed.:25:

I’ve moved onto RTA’s and DIY liquids and being honest, I’m loving it, gives me a sense of achievement when I get it right.

The point I’m coming to is that I see lots of members with vast amounts of kit, I still only have two setups, but now my second set is not just a backup and to be honest I’m a little envious, I would like a load more kit, which in turn gives me more choice, increases my knowledge, improves my opinion and gives me more to post about and help where I can.

There’s so much more I would like to try, I’m not broke, but I’m sure like most of us, I have other financial commitments which prevents purchases of bulk kit and it would take me an age to get a collection of kit like some of you have. If someone offers a short cut and dangles the carrot, why not take it.

I understand that some may be just here to obtain free kit with no other input, but you can’t tar all us newbies to the site with the same brush.:)

Ok, as a newbie to the site, I’ll put in my penny’s worth. I’ve been vaping on and off (mainly on I would add) for around 5 years. I’ve only every owned two kits at a time, one being a backup. I previously vaped to get of the stinky’s and its only recently I’ve moved on from MTL to DTL. I now consider myself as an ex-smoker and vaping is now my obsession, as the Mrs puts it… well obsessed.:25:

I’ve moved onto RTA’s and DIY liquids and being honest, I’m loving it, gives me a sense of achievement when I get it right.

The point I’m coming to is that I see lots of members with vast amounts of kit, I still only have two setups, but now my second set is not just a backup and to be honest I’m a little envious, I would like a load more kit, which in turn gives me more choice, increases my knowledge, improves my opinion and gives me more to post about and help where I can.

There’s so much more I would like to try, I’m not broke, but I’m sure like most of us, I have other financial commitments which prevents purchases of bulk kit and it would take me an age to get a collection of kit like some of you have. If someone offers a short cut and dangles the carrot, why not take it.

I understand that some may be just here to obtain free kit with no other input, but you can’t tar all us newbies to the site with the same brush.:)
It’s not noobs that are the focus here so you’re all good.

It’s not noobs that are the focus here so you’re all good.
I know your focus is with freeloaders, previously in the thread it was commented about restricting entries to members with a certain number of posts, which covers us genuine noobs as well.

@Squidgy :)
What you need to realise is that often when you see pictures of amazing kit and collections, these have been as often as not, built up over years of Buying, Selling and Trading between like minded individuals, so careful working towards certain goals takes time. For instance, I have been around vaping since 2011 and have had some beauties pass through my hands when chasing down a particular item that had peeked my interest, sometimes I have been successful, but many more times not. It's just a matter of patience and an eye on the long game.
Like everyone here, I started to vape as I decided I wanted a healthier lifestyle and was fed up with filling the Government's Coffers with my hard earned money. Over time, it became a hobby as well and aided by the fine folk here, I slowly built up a small collection of gear that I particularly liked. Much has moved on, much has changed around the whole vaping scene and nowadays most of what I have is considered Old School as it IS dated, but I enjoy using it :)

the thread is an observation about serial Freebie hunters and their usual approach, which is to enter every giveaway known to man. It grates after a while if that stuff bothers you, but over time, one begins to ignore it. Most of us know who is who and the Hunters tend to become ignored, both by the Person who set up the Giveaway and by the other entrants :)

Seems to come and go this issue.
Would give all my review items away but it did get silly with the same names popping up.
my Hog randomizer is pretty random too, so a few things went out to freebie fiends, No big deal until you see them the next week on ebay, then it's a kick in the nuts, especially when you've payed out a fortune in postage.
I just ended up gifting things.
still got a big box of stuff to sort and send but post offices are not my favourite place to be (especially now) and tbh it's an arse ache so it May wait a little while longer.
some of You may receive some antique vaping gear by time this is all over. Lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom