What's new

Battery care

Would these be ok in my GRUS or shall I still to Molicells?

A simple answer is NO. 5,000mah 21700s will have a max Amp rating of 15 Amps (45 Watts maximum) which isn't enough for any of the dual coil RTAs or larger stock coil tanks you own.

Stick to known brand batteries - anything you haven't heard of is probably a re-wrap and the cells under that wrap could be anything. If Fogstar don't stock that battery be sure to ask on here first - and never forget that the higher the capacity a battery it has, the lower the amp rating. For safety you need to prioritise the Amp rating over capacity. If a battery has low capacity but high amps it will need a recharge more frequently but it will be safe. A high capacity battery with a low Amp rating will go bang if you push it too hard.

See if you're smashing it at high wattage, I''d suggest a dual battery mod would be better.

Sorry can't help you as a 18650 does all and more for what I need :)

Last edited:
Might be better doing a single coil build, less wattage maybe?

Yes. Using a single coil of the same composition (material, wraps) as the dual coil set up will double the total resistance of the coil. You'll need less watts to heat up that single coil.

Yes. Using a single coil of the same composition (material, wraps) as the dual coil set up will double the resistance of the coil. You'll need less watts to heat up that single coil.
Thank you, I'll do that. I just worry in a dual deck that there won't be enough cotton and don't want leaking

Might be better doing a single coil build, less wattage maybe?

Sometimes, but if you're using a dual coil rebuildable sometimes you have to use a large single to stop the vape being too airy which needs pretty much the same wattage to work properly. You could try a single coil RDA and run it at a lower wattage, but if you have to chain vape like crazy because you're getting less vapour from just one coil it defeats the object. Sometimes it's a catch 22 situation.

I carry one of those padded cases for batteries with a set of spares which gets around my battery range anxiety when I'm out all day.

Thank you, I'll do that. I just worry in a dual deck that there won't be enough cotton and don't want leaking

What ID were your existing coils? You could make a larger ID coil, which would need more cotton. That would also increase the resistance, therefore lowering the watts required.

It is a matter of finding what works for the way you vape. Experimentation is the only way.

Back
Top Bottom