What's new

Hundreds of vapes taken off pupils at Scotland's high schools

I agree with you about disposables but I do struggle with why it is seen as wrong for someone to vape when they dont smoke. Why should vaping only be for people wanting to quit cigarettes.

.... because that's really the only valid reason for vaping to be legal.

It's the reason the laws in this country allow what they do, it's the reason we have the support of the NHS and Cancer charities, it's the reason we don't have a ban on flavours.

If the industry is only about selling cheap high nicotine, candy flavoured disposables to young people who've never smoked... we're fucked.

Did they do this side by side with how many tobacco products they'd also confiscated??....
Because I certainly remember having my fags confiscated at school more than a few times.... I've no love for disposables, but this whole thing is just an outright attack on vaping as a whole ....

Did they do this side by side with how many tobacco products they'd also confiscated??....
Because I certainly remember having my fags confiscated at school more than a few times.... I've no love for disposables, but this whole thing is just an outright attack on vaping as a whole ....
My head master used to check me every day because I smoked. He wasn't looking for tobacco though, he was looking for a certain combustible herb, something I didn't even try until I was 19 so either he was paranoid or I was enough of a fruit loop to warrant suspicion. Probably 30/70.

it has been self inflicted.

Some good may come from this, example only registered vape shops/tobacconists can sell said products.
Spreading the fear that vaping as a whole is endangered because of disposables is fkin extreme and unhelpful to the industry IMO.
Shortfills - illegal
Tanks over 2ml - illegal
Disposables 600 puffs - legal

The first 2 are advertised on here and discussed all the time.... Be careful what you wish for.

Dodgy disposable vapes are an issue here in schools giving legit stuff a bad name. They're bringing in cheap poorly made ones from China loaded with nic, which is illegal here, and selling them to school kids. The kids are uneducated on propper use naturally and by the sounds of it when some were interviewed id say they were vaping them dry at times.
Of course the media and govt focuses on this and uses it to paint the entire vape industry with the same brush.

Some good may come from this, example only registered vape shops/tobacconists can sell said products.
Spreading the fear that vaping as a whole is endangered because of disposables is fkin extreme and unhelpful to the industry IMO.
Shortfills - illegal
Tanks over 2ml - illegal
Disposables 600 puffs - legal

The first 2 are advertised on here and discussed all the time.... Be careful what you wish for.
they are only sold in vape shops and registered tobacconists, are they not?

Back
Top Bottom