What's new

Hundreds of vapes taken off pupils at Scotland's high schools

I always bang on like a broken record to people that these disposables will bring so much unwanted negative attention to us vapers. I know they may have a place in the market but they seem to be over taking it and detract from the many many benefits vaping over smoking has for the individual and The State. I would go as far as to say these products, unchecked, will be the death of vaping as we know it in the UK.

New vapers that never smoked used to be really rare..... people used to react like 'huh, why are you vaping then?'

I read the other day that it's over 70% now of new vapers (mostly kids/young people) have never been regular smokers. It's nothing to do with getting off fags anymore and in a few years it's going to be about getting rid of a high level nic salt addiction.

This is true, but technically speaking vaping shouldn't actually be as addictive as smoking. It's the arsenic in cigarettes that makes them particularly addictive.

Arsenic changes the way the brain absorbs nicotine and potentiates it massively.

If governments were really serious about getting people to quit smoking they'd ban the arsenic but there's still too much money in it for that.

It's not as if they'd face a backlash for an arsenic ban, is it?

This is true, but technically speaking vaping shouldn't actually be as addictive as smoking. It's the arsenic in cigarettes that makes them particularly addictive.

Arsenic changes the way the brain absorbs nicotine and potentiates it massively.

If governments were really serious about getting people to quit smoking they'd ban the arsenic but there's still too much money in it for that.

It's not as if they'd face a backlash for an arsenic ban, is it?

have you lost your mind?

have you lost your mind?

Ermmm, probably. Lol. And I never really had much of one to lose!

But perhaps my post was a little short and I made my point a little badly.

My post wasn't really in relation to initial article at all.

I certainly wasn't arguing in favour of children vaping, that would clearly be ridiculous. I was just generalising that theoretically vaping for non-smokers should technically be less addictive than cigarettes. Nothing more.

Ermmm, probably. Lol. And I never really had much of one to lose!

But perhaps my post was a little short and I made my point a little badly.

My post wasn't really in relation to initial article at all.

I certainly wasn't arguing in favour of children vaping, that would clearly be ridiculous. I was just generalising that theoretically vaping for non-smokers should technically be less addictive than cigarettes. Nothing more.

i think the arsenic is naturally occurring in tobacco. depends on soil/region.

i think the arsenic is naturally occurring in tobacco. depends on soil/region.

That's true, but I also remember reading a scientific paper a few years ago that stated cigarette manufacturers were deliberately adding it to their products to make them more addictive and it's something that's always stuck with me. I wish I could remember where I saw it so I could post it for you, it was fascinating to read the lengths they go to.

That's true, but I also remember reading a scientific paper a few years ago that stated cigarette manufacturers were deliberately adding it to their products to make them more addictive and it's something that's always stuck with me. I wish I could remember where I saw it so I could post it for you, it was fascinating to read the lengths they go to.

it’s in most food. i think it might be a component of some pesticides, as well as a constituent of soil. i remember there were some scare stories/reports of arsenic being found to be present in eliquid. i didn’t look into it very far as it seemed like propaganda.

it’s in most food. i think it might be a component of some pesticides, as well as a constituent of soil. i remember there were some scare stories/reports of arsenic being found to be present in eliquid. i didn’t look into it very far as it seemed like propaganda.

Yeah, they'll always be propaganda, but this one was a proper academic research paper on the additives in tobacco products which is the reason it stuck with me. Some companies are just evil.

Back
Top Bottom